Lt. Commander
# 21
03-02-2011, 06:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Wesley was lame but Wil Wheaton is awesome.
I would personally love to see Will Wheaton 'kill' Wesley Crusher

Hey a man can dream can't he?

Blak
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-02-2011, 06:31 PM
I think Whil Whweaton has embraced his inner "heel" knowing his unfortunate past in Trek. It gets to be a bit much IMO but it is true that he's actually a pretty nice guy.

Although thanks to big bang theory, I hate him now! Wheeeeeeaaaatttooooonnnn!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-02-2011, 06:33 PM
Will Wheaton got me a Gmail beta invite in 2004 when I was deployed to Iraq. He can't be all bad.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-02-2011, 06:36 PM
I kind of wish they had a Mirror Universe Wil Wheaton that handled the loss of his father at a young age differently but wasn't a mustachioed bad guy per-se.

What if Mirror Wesley was a drunk and disenfrachised with the Terran Empire's ruthlessness and instead of following orders, he actually subverts the Terran Empire? In the mirror universe, he's a contrarian with issues but we actually sympathize with him more.

Tie it into helping "cure" the prime Wesley and you could have some interesting character development as well as allow Wheaton to do more than just... well... be Wesley.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by manlai View Post
I think Whil Whweaton has embraced his inner "heel" knowing his unfortunate past in Trek. It gets to be a bit much IMO but it is true that he's actually a pretty nice guy.

Although thanks to big bang theory, I hate him now! Wheeeeeeaaaatttooooonnnn!!!!
I love him as a villain and if he were ever interested in STO, I'd really encourage bringing him in as Mirror Wesley so we can kill him off and he can ham it up before we do.

Killing real Wesley feels dicier to me because Roddenberry seemed to regard Wesley as a stand-in for himself and I wouldn't want to tarnish that.

But I think evil Wesley would be right up Wheaton's alley and also be quite a challenge if he was as absurdly resourceful as regular Wesley is.

Also, given Wheaton's presence in things like The Guild, we know he can do tight budget online stuff if it interests him.

Aron Eisenburg may be worth a ring for Nog as well, as I THINK he's primarily an MMO reviewer these days.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-02-2011, 07:07 PM
Quote:
I kind of wish they had a Mirror Universe Wil Wheaton that handled the loss of his father at a young age differently but wasn't a mustachioed bad guy per-se.

What if Mirror Wesley was a drunk and disenfrachised with the Terran Empire's ruthlessness and instead of following orders, he actually subverts the Terran Empire? In the mirror universe, he's a contrarian with issues but we actually sympathize with him more.

Tie it into helping "cure" the prime Wesley and you could have some interesting character development as well as allow Wheaton to do more than just... well... be Wesley.
Sounds like it could be interesting. Mirror universe does have a trend of taking the least likely people and making them very badass (Mirror!Sulu and Mirror!Hoshi, for example) and Wesley probably holds that spot among the TNG roster.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-02-2011, 07:09 PM
Quote:

Haha. Great minds.

Yeah. My attitude is, especially if Mirror Picard outright killed Jack, Wesley would shape up as a kind of "Dark Hamlet" figure. I'm not sure if I'd make Mirror Wesley so much overtly evil as isolated and crazy, with a ship or station he's rigged up as a death trap obstacle course to scare off outsiders. Just play him as a cracked hermit with no social skills, who dishes out Portal-style taunts and insults.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-02-2011, 07:45 PM
its @wilw as @wilwheaton was a blank profile.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-02-2011, 07:47 PM
On another note. After watching Stand By Me. I realize that Wil Wheaton is Trill...
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-02-2011, 07:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Irish-Fury View Post
On another note. After watching Stand By Me. I realize that Wil Wheaton is Trill...
Ummm... no.