Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-06-2011, 11:42 AM
Quote:
having 2 tric torps in front is a bit much with having a rear torp launcher too
yea, but i get to fire one every 30 seconds. as its the only offensive weapon i really have, i wanted to make sure it would be available often
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-06-2011, 12:04 PM
true, but again, if youre looking at offensive uses for the tric mine then you need a whole new build.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
true, but again, if youre looking at offensive uses for the tric mine then you need a whole new build.
i don't have any tric mines....
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-06-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLOURD
i don't have any tric mines....
I suspect he meant torp. Maybe a slip of the fingers. PotAYto, potAHto, and all that, lol.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-06-2011, 06:12 PM
yes indeed. i ment tric torp.to make the most of this highly damaging weapon you will need high powered shield draining builds. charged burst 3 and tachyon beam 3 fully specced and using things like a grav well or shockwave to hold them in place (a tractor beam might work too) while the torp nails their bare hull.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-07-2011, 04:49 PM
Quote:
yes indeed. i ment tric torp.to make the most of this highly damaging weapon you will need high powered shield draining builds. charged burst 3 and tachyon beam 3 fully specced and using things like a grav well or shockwave to hold them in place (a tractor beam might work too) while the torp nails their bare hull.
yes, shield draining would be excellent powers if i was going for damage. The problem i frequently face in pvp is that the fed team can get shields to drop, but can't keep them down long enough for a kill. the tricobalts stun people and give me a chance to finish what most escorts are simply incapable of doing
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-08-2011, 12:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLOURD
yes, shield draining would be excellent powers if i was going for damage. The problem i frequently face in pvp is that the fed team can get shields to drop, but can't keep them down long enough for a kill. the tricobalts stun people and give me a chance to finish what most escorts are simply incapable of doing
so youre saying escorts cant finish the kills so you use the tric to do it?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-08-2011, 01:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by matteo716 View Post
so youre saying escorts cant finish the kills so you use the tric to do it?
sadly.... yea. the 17k i get usually takes them down, while in a fed PUG, the escort does not have the burst damage necessary to kill it.

really screwed up, but my fleet never does pvp, so i'm stuck going at it alone
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-08-2011, 05:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OVERLOURD
sadly.... yea. the 17k i get usually takes them down, while in a fed PUG, the escort does not have the burst damage necessary to kill it.

really screwed up, but my fleet never does pvp, so i'm stuck going at it alone
never get stuck going it alone, look to the opvp channel whenever youre going to do pvp. im sure someone else wouldnt mind teaming. (not a 100%sure thing but its better then nothing)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-08-2011, 08:07 PM
Quote:
never get stuck going it alone, look to the opvp channel whenever youre going to do pvp. im sure someone else wouldnt mind teaming. (not a 100%sure thing but its better then nothing)
i've thought about it but every time i try the team is full.
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:14 PM.