Lt. Commander
# 1 Borg and Chain Rooting
03-02-2011, 05:03 PM
Hey Guys,

I know this has been talked about before; however, I'm wondering if anyone else still sees chain rooting has a problem.

I've got a few suggestions IMO about how to bring more blance to the Borgs rooting ability.

1. Is it possible to limit the ability to root targets to only Tactical, Elite Tactical and Boss Borg Drones?

2. Grant a 30 second Immunity to anyone that has already been rooted and either burned a Hypo or had it ware off.

3. Remove the cool down on all ground healing consumables (PVE only)

It's bad enough the all Borg have some Taser type move that holds and damages you and to top that off, all Borg can spam a energy blast that can root you to the floor over and over again

Don't get me wrong, I know that the Borg should be feared; however, they should not be cheap

Thanks for your time
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-02-2011, 05:29 PM
The assimilated proc is getting really ridiculous, especially if you play on advanced or elite. If you're unlucky enough to get assimilated, a hypo will break the hold, but it lasts 25 secs and does a significant amount of damage over that time. My sci captain with a medic kit is my only char that can survive it on advanced level.

As far as the chain roots go, I've definitely seen a group of borg spam gravimetric shift 3 so nobody could move. I don't think they should be able to root you so often, it eliminates the ability to run away, which is sometimes the only thing you can do.

I do understand that they did this so you couldn't just run through a whole map and kill the boss, but it is a bit ridiculous. I like a challenge, but KA should not take 4-5 hours to complete every time...especially if someone drops out, and someone always does.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-02-2011, 05:40 PM
This is the main reason why I have yet to get through all the borg missions. The stun/root nonsense is too much, and it kills any enjoyment I have with ground combat. Id rather grind levels with dailies and stuff than do borg missions.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-02-2011, 05:44 PM
in some STF instances, the borg can also do around 1,000 damage on the ground, and they spam this too

between the chain root, assimilation, and the 1k damage spam, it's literally impossible to do these missions on ceetain attempts
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-02-2011, 06:37 PM
Rules are for players, NPCs never seem to have to follow them.
I know the damn Spheres seem to either have 2 tractor beams, or a very fast cooldown. My Polarize Hull is still in CD for 15 seconds when I get snagged again.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-02-2011, 06:39 PM
Chain rooting could be solved if they increased your resistance to roots for a period of time after a root has been applied.
I.e. root once in a minute, 15 seconds of 50% resistance
rooted twice in a minute, 15 seconds of 75% resistance, etc.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-02-2011, 06:41 PM
It can be annoying, but really it's not that difficult to avoid.

Follow Picard's advice: "Don't let them touch you"!

Keep your distance, fall back if you need to, and remember that Hypos and Shield Charges will break these roots if it comes down to it. This will give you a chance to get some distance and recover. Always bring a good medic with you, while youre at it

I like the resistance idea for those rooted and/or who have recently used a root breaker.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-02-2011, 08:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post

Keep your distance, fall back if you need to, and remember that Hypos and Shield Charges will break these roots if it comes down to it. This will give you a chance to get some distance and recover. Always bring a good medic with you, while youre at it

I like the resistance idea for those rooted and/or who have recently used a root breaker.
Motion Accelerator works to break the root also if you have the proper Tatical Kit equiped.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2011, 10:40 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thefrayl View Post

they can root you at a distance, so that doesnt work
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2011, 01:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Chain rooting could be solved if they increased your resistance to roots for a period of time after a root has been applied.
I.e. root once in a minute, 15 seconds of 50% resistance
rooted twice in a minute, 15 seconds of 75% resistance, etc.
Or option 2, remove the whole silly thing because the rooting the Borg does in STO have NOTHING to do with STAR TREK what so ever.If a Boss Borg does it now and then it's ok. the way it is in STO is just patetic.