Lt. Commander
# 101
03-23-2011, 08:18 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by gx4th View Post
That's not the carrier turning, that's the universe rotating around it.
Was easier to design this than to actuallu turn the carrier.:p

"Rotate the Universe 90 degrees Bosson Moon. I wish to go left"
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-23-2011, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
This just in: PvPers want JJ Abrams hoverbike.

... And so even the last non PvP sympathisants will now be up against us.
I am still amazed at how hated that movie is among the fanbase.
Its deffinately modern in taste and influencing but I liked it and think it will revive the genre yet again.

Gene's brilliance was not in devising Star Trek so much as making the immortal cash cow that never runs dry. A little slowish at times but never dry.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-23-2011, 09:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Star Trek is "elevated", "high-minded" and generally at least trying to be intelligent even when it's goofing off or just trying to have an adventure...JJ Trek is the -born out of wedlock- love child of Star Wars and Battlestar Galactica dressed up in a Starfleet uniform. It's a good movie for when one wishes to turn off one's brain and munch on a bag of popcorn, while memorized by CGI. I thought it was an hour and a half of fan service gone wrong.

wait....what was this thread about? I got distracted by the mentioning of the unmentionable:p

oh yea! pvp chats...

this one time, me and 4 other KDF got into an arena, turned out there were only 3 feds in there, one when AFK, the other quit, the last one was a good sport though and saw it through to the bitter, shameful end. the second fed had a few choice comments for the KDF before he rage-quit. mostly the usual stuff about us ganging up on him, being OP, feds never get a chance, etc....
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-23-2011, 10:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Its deffinately modern in taste and influencing but I liked it and think it will revive the genre yet again..
I liked it! And i'm not afraid to admit it!

Sure, it's more fast moving and "comercial" than previous treks, but hey, so was TNG!

Got to adapt to the other stuff out there to be competitive!
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-23-2011, 01:59 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
I liked it! And i'm not afraid to admit it!

Sure, it's more fast moving and "comercial" than previous treks, but hey, so was TNG!

Got to adapt to the other stuff out there to be competitive!
Hell, I liked it too. I specifically remember that JJ said in an interview that it was going to be a movie everyone could watch and enjoy... not a fan-boy movie. I can't wait for another one.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-28-2011, 12:46 PM
This guy and his buddy popped pretty easily and repeatedly in their BoPs. Anyone with a clue can tell that I don't do anything all that great and I certainly don't do it alone. So at the end I get a sweet little message coupled with the instant ignore. I asked in OPVP for someone to get him to unignore me so we talk discuss what was going on but it didn't work out well.

Here are a few parts of the "conversation" I had with a wall from earlier this morning.

http://img535.imageshack.us/f/screen...032521130.jpg/

No one likes to be called cheater but if it's gotta happen I feel like it would mean more if it came from someone who actually knew what they were talking about.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-28-2011, 03:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
This guy and his buddy popped pretty easily and repeatedly in their BoPs. Anyone with a clue can tell that I don't do anything all that great and I certainly don't do it alone. So at the end I get a sweet little message coupled with the instant ignore. I asked in OPVP for someone to get him to unignore me so we talk discuss what was going on but it didn't work out well.

Here are a few parts of the "conversation" I had with a wall from earlier this morning.

http://img535.imageshack.us/f/screen...032521130.jpg/

No one likes to be called cheater but if it's gotta happen I feel like it would mean more if it came from someone who actually knew what they were talking about.
Major exploits patched... we can go back to laughing at these types. lol
You should have just responded with "TARGET HALE"
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Husanak View Post
Major exploits patched... we can go back to laughing at these types. lol
You should have just responded with "TARGET HALE"
They did....and it didn't work.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-29-2011, 04:53 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
At the LOOVE STACK... (cues funky 70's pron music)
Bown chicky chicky.
Why you have your way with the virgin BoPs?
Bown Chicky chicky bown bown

I often wondered when rapidly switching power settings was going to be a seen wrongly in pvp. If done fast enough it can give the illusion of being high power in everything at times, even though it does not.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-30-2011, 07:27 AM
Hell I switch power settings on some of my ships, without the EPS console to survive long enough for reinforcements to show up, or to just Murder Someone.

Also, I love the JJ star trek film.