Lt. Commander
Targetting in STO is poor at best. There needs to be some obvious filters added.

Number one: Target (by tab Selection) only contacts in weapons range (10 kilometers) unless selected by mouse (add new preference).

Number two: Target nearest torpedo (add new command).

These are pretty obviously needed. When you are getting blown to bits by three attackers why would you want to Tab through 20 targets 25 kilomters, or more, away?

Number three: Make the HUD map targets selectable by mouse-click.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-20-2011, 02:05 AM
i actually totally agree with this ... it is needed.. hopefully with the ground combat overhaul, some of the more universally useful features like this will trickle into space as well
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-20-2011, 03:34 PM
Better still, give us the sliding target distance scale in space that we have on the ground. Then if I only want to tab target through enemies within as close as 1km to as far as 30km I can set the slider to the default or whatever range I choose. For instance, if I'm using cannons and I know the optimal range is under 5km, I can set the slider to only target enemies within 5KM. After all I can still manually target those outside the range I set by clicking on them.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-23-2011, 09:09 AM
I wonder if a Keybind could be made for this?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-26-2011, 09:27 AM
I believe there is an option for targeting range in the game already. By default it sets to 0 which lets you target enemies if they can be seen, even if they are outside all weapon ranges.

You can change this though, and set it to where you like it. The only thing is, it wont discriminate target range for short range weapons vs longer range ones.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-27-2011, 10:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
I believe there is an option for targeting range in the game already. By default it sets to 0 which lets you target enemies if they can be seen, even if they are outside all weapon ranges.

You can change this though, and set it to where you like it. The only thing is, it wont discriminate target range for short range weapons vs longer range ones.
This option is currently ONLY for ground combat. Space combat does not have it.