Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2011, 02:21 AM
Hmm...i'll hafta try Past Imperfect again. I hope your right about it scaling the mk model up for NotC tho
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2011, 12:29 PM
Ok lol...my basic question still remains waiting for a answer.....Why were the rewards from Night of the Comet made into mk weapons?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2011, 02:36 PM
Yeah I just found out about this today and i am not happy about it.
I don't mind repeating missions generally but that mission is Loooong and a complete pain in the rear end, I don't want to have to do it every time I level a half a dozen times to outfit my crew. But they are just about the only weapons in the game that actually look like Star Trek weapons. Worse still. You don't get the rifle plus a pistol. You have to pick it or a pistol!
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2011, 02:42 PM
There was a long thread about this a week or so ago; devs ignored it. I also raised the question in the March ask Cryptic thread; passed over again. They never gave any rationale for it, and it did basically ruin what were really nice items.

I suspect, given the conspicuously non-leveling ground weapon rewards in the last series, and the recent appearance of leveling Lirpa and Bat'Leth in the C-Store, that the motive was to remove all sources of leveling ground gear in-game and make all future items like this only available through the C-Store. This would make sense given the obvious popularity of these items, especially for leveling toons. The only ones left at this point are the useless Fed Type 1 phaser and the Breen/Devidian hand cannons (which are now unique; so you can't equip your whole squad with them).
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2011, 03:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ozzie223
haha ... Beauty is truly in the eye of the beholder. I think the artwork is true to the series and the sound is compelling! I loved it the moment I heard it. Later, once I got two of them ....

1,2, boom <knockdown>, 1
z
1,2 boom <knockdown> , 1
spam abilities

/repeat

I fell in love with THAT ;-P
same here
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-09-2011, 07:56 PM
Okies, I tried Past Imperfect again, nope the phaser is stuck at Lt. Comm. . Since the other phasers scale to rank on replay, could the hand phaser from Past Imperfect scale as well...please?
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-25-2011, 11:48 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cryptic
Value Bundle - The Original Series
(1400 Atari Tokens)
Limited Time Offer!
This pack includes:
- Federation Starship Interior: The Original Series
- Federation Bridge: The Original Series
- Access to the Federation Shuttlecraft Class F with pet
- Black-and-white TOS-style Type 2 Phaser Variant that increases in effectiveness as you level!

http://startrekonline.com/store
Wow. Who woulda thunk it.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-27-2011, 08:23 PM
Yep, devs nerfed the scaling bonus of the TOS weapons from the devidian series. Why? So they could sell it in the C-store with the TOS value bundle pack like a new toy

I mean seriously, they give it you as a reward and take it away only so they hold it hostage and ask you pay money for it?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-27-2011, 11:03 PM
epic win from cyptic, the blue tos scaling phaser from night of the comet? = awesome

but oh wait, they need to sell us a common rarity scaling reskin of said phaser in a TOS bundle pack?, solution = nerf the original phaser , YAY