Lt. Commander
# 1 Ncc Xxxx
01-30-2011, 10:25 AM
I would like to have ships with a smaller registry number. I might even be willing to pay for it, if it is like 180 or 200 ATs.

I mean in the shows back in the day the registry could be as small as four digits, why couldnt a newer ship be the NCC 0001 - Z by now?
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-30-2011, 11:45 AM
It not going to happen because of the IP Agreement with CBS. The Dev's have stated in the past is that this limitation is present because CBS insisited that they will be no potential confilict between ship numbering in the game, and ships that have appeared, (or will appear...) in any of the Star Trek TV series....
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-30-2011, 01:07 PM
well that jsut seems stupid. I mean they are obviousloy rebooting the franchise, and setting it in a alternate reality, I dont really think they have any plans of going back to the prime universe.

and if they are worried about using registries that are already established then they should just lock those numbers.
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-30-2011, 01:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchase View Post
well that jsut seems stupid. I mean they are obviousloy rebooting the franchise, and setting it in a alternate reality, I dont really think they have any plans of going back to the prime universe.

and if they are worried about using registries that are already established then they should just lock those numbers.
It is not Cryptics fault. If CBS says "No." to anything Star Trek related in this game - Cryptic has to change it. Every uniform, shipmodel, species, mission, etc. has to be checked by CBS to become the official approval. Lets remember about nine months back:
The release of the Nomad Star Cruiser skin was pushed back, CBS has rejected the design (I think it has even been rejected three times!) and Cryptic had to alter it again and again until CBS was okay with it. It is a situation which sucks for us and IMO also sucks for Cryptic, but there is simply no way around it.
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-30-2011, 01:42 PM
i understand that and I am aware that it is not their fault. Just its stupid.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-30-2011, 03:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by thunderchase View Post

And the people who are rebooting the franchise (e.g. the new Star Trek Movies) are a different company then CBS...
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-30-2011, 07:58 PM
I would love to see this but CBS/Paramount won't sign off on anything really. even to have a book published you have to go through a gauntlet of minions at CBS.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-30-2011, 08:49 PM
It would be cool, but CBS isn't gonna let it happen. Its tough, but I can work with it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-30-2011, 11:14 PM
I would love to have a: NCC-7XXXX or 8XXXX number.
Lt. Commander
# 10
01-31-2011, 09:10 AM
agreed a lower NCC # would be great. Also since I bought the NX, it would be cool to a greater range.