Lt. Commander
# 91
03-04-2011, 08:12 PM
Too many answers to questions about relatively meaningless things. How about expansion of Exploration? How about the balance issues? How about the bugs in ground combat, maps where your officers don't spawn, and enemies that are doing things they shouldn't be able to?

Game mechanics has to come first. Make it WORK, deal with the pretty stuff LATER.
Lt. Commander
# 92
03-04-2011, 08:58 PM
First off, Thank D for taking the time to answer the questions you did, however I do agree with a few people that maybe next months questions come from those you havn't been able to answer this month rather than collecting a another dose.
Lt. Commander
# 93
03-05-2011, 12:17 PM
I was going to post a few questions but the thread was locked rather quickly, which was disappointing.
Now that the reply to the thread has been released, it is also clear that development is increasinly favouring fashion over functionality, which is worrying and also disappointing.
You may correct me if i'm wrong about the above - in fact I would prefer if you did so long you consider what this means in the long term for yourself and your users, because I ask these things not just for myself.

The gist of the post I considered would have been about existing questions spread across the forum that have been left to dry out for quite some time, such as:
And other questions related to the above:
The tailor leaves a lot to be desired, such as unlocking existing content (See above).
The colour picker is severely limited, and could really do with a full range hue picker or the ability to enter numeric values, and transporting a uniform setup unto one's bridge officers.
Even ship customization could do with a little help in some of these areas.

Personally I have the opinion that, within reason, existing content and issues should be brought to completion before (radically) new content is added.
You may consider that new content is at risk of falling short of expectations, due to the above.

This post provided as-is, your mileage and opinions about it may vary. Thank you for your time and efforts.
Lt. Commander
# 94
03-05-2011, 03:44 PM
I am very disappointed about shuttle craft interiors.

32. Diztak - Q: Will we be able to walk in the shuttles? And decorate it to?

A: We have considered it; however there is not much room to maneuver in those little things and with the number of shuttles/fighters we’re planning to add it would require a lot of resources to make each interior look correct. Once thing we have investigated is allowing you a first person perspective while flying a shuttle so that you would have a “window” overlay to give you a grander sense of scale up next to some big ships. In short, don’t expect this in the near-term.

I know they can make shuttle craft interior and saying that there much room in one means they never watch Star Trek. both the Delta Flyer and a Runabout are not small on the inside. As a programmer I know anything can be done if you can imagine it.
Lt. Commander
# 95
03-05-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Primus01 View Post
I know they can make shuttle craft interior and saying that there much room in one means they never watch Star Trek. both the Delta Flyer and a Runabout are not small on the inside. As a programmer I know anything can be done if you can imagine it.
Exactly my feelings as well, I've always envisioned the Delta Flyer as having 3 'separate' areas: the conn and tactical and engineering stations immediately behind it, then the science station and rest of the main cabin in the rear of the room, and the cargo hold/computer access/lab part in the very back.

If I could really enter my Flyer's interior (especially if we get a choice between the first flyer's interior, and also have a chance to have the Delta Flyer II's interiors; that would effin' rawk!), I think I would be an extremely happy bunny!
Lt. Commander
# 96
03-06-2011, 12:33 AM
If I can walk around in the cramped corridors of an Imperial Decimator or Rebel Nova in Star Wars Galaxies, I should be able to walk around in a shuttle, runabout or STARSHIP without needing football stadium rooms and corridors.
Lt. Commander
# 97
03-06-2011, 01:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trek17
i never said that i didn't notice the up/down shield coverage, i was just wondering if there would ever be up/down shields at all and i can't believe i actually got answered... and this is my first Ask Cryptic (that i actually posted questions to)... so i'm a bit stunned here
I had a feeling you were talking about up/down shield indicators, must of been the way I interpreted the question and Stahl's answer. Congrats on your first answer.
Lt. Commander
# 98
03-06-2011, 07:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tucana
I have to agree: too many good questions (like this) were not answered.

The Feb 2011 Ask Cryptic Q&A was great. This one fell flat, IMHO.

I'd like to ask DStahl not to call for new questions in April, but answer outstanding items, including valid questions that are asked repeatedly--and with genuine curiosity and concern.
Agreed. Anyone want to collect the questions that weren't answered this month and put them into a poll? We can vote on which questions we want answered most.
Lt. Commander
# 99
03-07-2011, 06:00 AM
First Time in Fl;uidic Space last night and visited the STF Fleet Action as a VA1..
No Contact sent me there i followed some friends.

Can You explain this area ..and the planet sytems again.?
Lt. Commander
# 100
03-07-2011, 06:50 AM
I keep noticing that there has been no mention of separating Rank from Skill Level--something that would be a good thing for those of us who want to fly T5 Ships and yet still be simple Captains instead of being forced to become Admirals--and yet there is almost an entire thread in the Federation News Network portion of the Forums discussing that very option!!!

All I want to know on this is a simple "Yes, we are working on it" or "It's too complicated for us to work on", with an explanation as to why in the case of the latter. Is that so much to ask?

And a simple tentative timetable as to when various Melee Weapons are coming into the game would also be good.