Lt. Commander
# 101
03-07-2011, 08:38 AM
I originally posted these questions down in the Klingon forum (Requesting Clarification of Latest "Ask Cryptic" Answers ). However, since it seems to still be very rare than anyone on the dev team even checks those forums, and responds even less often to our concerns, I'm re-posting here, so maybe the request will actually be seen and replied to.

Quote:
A: Once “Cloaked Intentions” wraps up next week, we will be focused on the Beta release of the Foundry on Holodeck so that everyone may begin to create and play missions. After that we will prepare the Season 4 release with Ground Combat updates, more Remastered Episodes, an updated Tutorial experience, and an update to Klingon mission progression. We have some other content plans that we have in the works as well, but we’re not talking about that just yet.

A: We do plan to change a decent amount of existing PVE Klingon content for the launch of Season 4. So you have at least until the end of June before it is changed. If there is a way we can carry over the Accolades, we will.
Reading these answers from the latest "Ask Cryptic", it seems the plan is only to modify the current PvE content. Neither of these answers says anything about adding more PvE content.. Even the last sentence in the first answer only says you have plans, but not whether those plans include adding more Klingon content for season 4, or just remastering existing content. Based on the wording of the rest of these two answers, it sounds more and more like we're only getting our current content remastered and shuffled around.

By the time season 4 gets here, the game will have been live for 1 1/3 years, with hardly any content exclusively for Klingons on either the PvE or PvP side of the fence. So, my question is, will we get new Klingon content with season 4 or not?

Edit: I left out this answer.
Quote:
A: We will be looking at all the missions available to the KDF and looking for gaps that need episodes to help players have a smooth level progression. This may even include re-leveling some existing content to make leveling up smoother. As far as new races, we really want to focus on ensuring the existing ones we have are fully fleshed out and have a lot of good customization options first. That is one of the reasons we have been working updating the Gorn and making some basic costume changes across the board. Some of these changes will allow us to add in customization options that have been missing.
Even this answer really only hints that it's most likely just about shuffling Klingon PvE content around, not about adding more Klingon PvE content.
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-07-2011, 08:47 AM
When are we going to be able to do more spontaneous pvp? I see klingon characters flying around federation and other space and I have no way to engage them even though we are supposed to be on a full out war, will there ever be a pvp " flag" system? where you can engage anyone who is pvp flagged at will if they are in range?
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-08-2011, 02:36 PM
Will you ever fix the Khitomer Assault glitch?
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-08-2011, 11:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ask Cryptic: March 2011
9. picardalpha2clearance - Q: Why is the duty roster system not utilizing Bridge Officers or Non- Commissioned BOs as we asked for?

A: The idea of making one of your Bridge Officers the “lead” of a department is still a feature we plan to implement. We first want to get the Duty Officer system in and functioning before we add it. Once that system is in game and we’ve had time to see the impact it has on the game, we can then move on to adding department chiefs.
I really do not understand why the people at Cryptic are being so stubborn about this.

The term is not Department Administrator, the term is not Department Boss, the term is not Department Chief, the term is not Department Controller, the term is not Department Lead, the term is not Department Manager, the term is not Department Officer, the term is not Department Overseer.

The correct term is Department Head.

The Original Series Episode #3 - Where No Man Has Gone Before

LT Gary Mitchel: "Uh, Department Heads sir. You wanted everybody on the bridge before we left the galaxy."

The Next Generation Episode #7 - Lonely Among Us

CDR Will Riker: "At least, sir, all the Department Heads have reported the damage repaired."

Deep Space Nine Episode #88 - Bar Association

Worf: "Department Heads, prepare reports for tomorrow's briefing. All hands, dismissed."

Voyager Episode #44 - Flashback

Captain Janeway: "Well, there's certainly no shortage of good ideas. Have all Department Heads submit proposals for sirillium usage."

You guys keep claiming that you're Trekkies, that "The shows and films are law." Well?

Lt. Commander
# 105
03-09-2011, 02:55 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post
I really do not understand why the people at Cryptic are being so stubborn about this.

The term is not Department Administrator, the term is not Department Boss, the term is not Department Chief, the term is not Department Controller, the term is not Department Lead, the term is not Department Manager, the term is not Department Officer, the term is not Department Overseer.

LT Gary Mitchel: "Uh, Department Heads sir. You wanted everybody on the bridge before we left the galaxy."

CDR Will Riker: "At least, sir, all the Department Heads have reported the damage repaired."

Worf: "Department Heads, prepare reports for tomorrow's briefing. All hands, dismissed."

Captain Janeway: "Well, there's certainly no shortage of good ideas. Have all Department Heads submit proposals for sirillium usage."

You guys keep claiming that you're Trekkies, that "The shows and films are law." Well?

If the shows and Films are law would they be taking stuff from other sources as well. ex. books, manuals etc. I think you need to take a chill pill and get your panties out of a bunch, if DStahl calls it one thing but does mean the other dont bite his head off for it we are all human at least most of us on this planet are and we make mistakes now I know your gonna say "what do you know your a junior member and dont know what your talking about I'm a lifetimer and been here since whenever" BS everyone has a right to voice there ideas on what things should be called and so on but dont go off the handle becuase one thing or another gets called something different that you know by another way.
Lt. Commander
# 106 No up in space
03-09-2011, 09:08 AM
I imagine that it may be a slight bit difficult to do, but It would be nice to have advanced controls of the ship to be able to include going straight up or down.
During a battle, I cannot imagine that all ships would successfully stay on the same level plane, while in battle you could have two ships pass each other bridge to bridge almost. I refer you to a game called Decent, where even though you had no limit to the direction you could move your ship, if you stopped turning for a couple of seconds, your ship would then auto level.

it would be nice to have more mobility.
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-09-2011, 10:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
If the shows and Films are law would they be taking stuff from other sources as well. ex. books, manuals etc.
"The shows and films are law" is an exact quote from Jack Emmert.

And they are taking other things from the books. Perhaps you've noticed a number of the NPC names from the books and some of the new ships as well.

And I'm not biting anyone's head off, I'm simply posting my feedback.
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-10-2011, 01:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Peregrine_Falcon View Post

Quote:
Originally Posted by BlkBugHunter View Post
If the shows and Films are law would they be taking stuff from other sources as well. ex. books, manuals etc. I think you need to take a chill pill and get your panties out of a bunch, if DStahl calls it one thing but does mean the other dont bite his head off for it we are all human at least most of us on this planet are and we make mistakes now I know your gonna say "what do you know your a junior member and dont know what your talking about I'm a lifetimer and been here since whenever" BS everyone has a right to voice there ideas on what things should be called and so on but dont go off the handle becuase one thing or another gets called something different that you know by another way.
For the record, this all originated aboard Naval vessels, just as all the ranks and names of rooms and departments aboard the ship did. Many of which are terms used by the Navies in most countries around the word. The ranks used in Starfleet come directly from the US Navy. So calling these Duty Officers, Department Heads fits perfectly, not only with what we've seen in the various series and movies and read in the books, but also with where ST writers got those ideas from in the first place.
Lt. Commander
# 109 New Faction?
03-10-2011, 08:48 PM
I know that this wouldn't be any time soon, but that would be pretty cool ....

Terran Empire

Lt. Commander
# 110
03-14-2011, 02:50 PM
It would be nice to have a First Officer, Chief of Surgery (Doctor), and a Chief Engineer on the ships. Since we can go to the bridge, sickbay, and engine rooms. This way 3 Bridge Officers are assigned to these positions.