Lt. Commander
# 31
03-03-2011, 03:15 PM
i wish the graphics department can make my ship's firing misses sometimes...
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-03-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by WishStone
Dan mentioned that he tried to pick questions so he can answer them all quickly and truthfully in the past. Some questions are not very easily answered, others would sadly only get answers such as "Maybe, we hope soon, perhaps"... which are not satesfying to you - or even us.

Please don't give up and keep asking your questions. There are MANY questions each time and we do our best to answer them - even "in between" in forum threads.
I used to get excited about Ask Cryptic.

It's realy not worth my time as there are more juicy bits in the forums. The easiest questions are always selected (I DO understand why!), and when it gets hard it's always ... long term, oneday, eventually, i'd love to see that, we are looking into it. Sigh.

I'd love to see something that provides more detail on a few items in the Engineering Reports. More meat please! :p
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-03-2011, 03:19 PM
I call SHENANIGANS!!! DStahl blatantly sneaked another V'Ger related question in and we all know his blatant bias on that subject

SHENANGIANS I SAY!!! :p
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
It sounded like the MVAM console is in game?

Is a "a Prometheus ship" just the Prometheus or a ship made from the parts in the ship configurator of that class?
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-03-2011, 03:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
I was sad to see that the questions about a DS9 revamp that several people asked went unanswered. Just a mention of a featured series there. i really do hope that they fix DS9 after Qo'nos. It needs a lot of work.
It didn't go unanswered. He said that a reworking of DS9, both graphically and in terms of the VA Fleet Action, would likely occur concurrently with the Feature Episode that took place there. That FE is likely to occur after Season 4, which includes the revamp of Qo'nos. It's all in there.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-03-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
26. Kpt.Krell - Q: You said that there should be an explore-able Sol system. How would that work? Can you go to the moon and Mars colony?

A: We have created a system map for each planet in the Sol system, and where appropriate we have also added stations and other sites that are expected to be there such as Utopia Planetia at Mars and Jupiter Station at Jupiter. You will have a navigation option that will ask you which planet you want to visit and it will transfer you there.
That is really disappointing. Will we at least be able to travel between those systems (hit the border wall, have our BOffs say something ridiculous like "about to enter the Mars system, sir", and then map transfer into that system)?
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Could we get a spoiler screenshot of one of the Sol system planets (other than Earth) please
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-03-2011, 03:36 PM
Thanks for the answer! I am happy with it
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-03-2011, 03:37 PM
Quote:
29. Tgai_Spock - Q: Can we get back the DS9 Fleet Action for VA ranks please?

A: We plan on revisiting DS9 in an upcoming Feature Episode series and this is something we are discussing as potentially part of that series.
i think dStahl did not realy understand the question there, did he?

when Sector Space and the Hail Starfleet Menue were updated some Fleetactions that were previously avaible (like the DS9 Fleet Action) just completely dissapeared.
Especially for the VA1 rank most of the Fleetactions are unavaible now...

CMDR 10 -> http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/jz7f...0400250659.jpg
VA 1 -> http://img6.imagebanana.com/img/6hg7...0400264153.jpg

Yanishev never had the DS9 Fleetaction in his menue to begin with, it popped up when you were orbiting DS9 but that one has completely dissapeared when Sector Space was updated to the new awesome look.

There was never a word if anything of this was intended or if it was a screw up, my bets are on the 2nd option.

I mean we just want the START button(s) back plz.
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-03-2011, 03:43 PM
Some pretty informative responses there, although I'm a bit miffed that the issue of NPC rank-based dialogue and being able to select rank as separate from level didn't get touched on, again.

It's possibly the only real 'show-stopper' in STO, IMO - either we have to get forcibly ranked-up, with clunky use of full titles for Admirals in dialogue, to boot, or we can't spend skill points or access the higher-end ships and missions. And all because it's impossible to enjoy this game as a Starfleet Captain*, like on the shows.

*Literally - you're technically a 'ship's Captain' from the moment you take command, but that's missing the point!