Lt. Commander
I don't know if it's the Cryptic Engine but the Exchange NEEDS some love.

I mean there are 500 items and I see them at a page of 9 items at a time, and there is not enough ways to narrow down things.

Example, the other night I was looking for a BO with a skill. Uncommon, rare, and epic EACH game me over 300 after typing science, what more it showed me KDF recruits, WHY?. It would be nice if the search bar had the option to search in the description or details of the item not just the name.

Thank You
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 03:07 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
I don't know if it's the Cryptic Engine but the Exchange NEEDS some love.

I mean there are 500 items and I see them at a page of 9 items at a time, and there is not enough ways to narrow down things.

Example, the other night I was looking for a BO with a skill. Uncommon, rare, and epic EACH game me over 300 after typing science, what more it showed me KDF recruits, WHY?. It would be nice if the search bar had the option to search in the description or details of the item not just the name.

Thank You
expand your window, you'll get more than nine. Its also linked between factions so that's why you see KDF recruits, some folks do buy them with Fed characters and then send them. What your asking for would require a bit of work, since your asking for the the ability to search for sub set ability of the item.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 04:06 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
expand your window, you'll get more than nine. Its also linked between factions so that's why you see KDF recruits, some folks do buy them with Fed characters and then send them. What your asking for would require a bit of work, since your asking for the the ability to search for sub set ability of the item.
The ability to narrow the search parameters is badly needed. I'm going to go ahead and venture a wild guess that someone at Cryptic knows how to write a query. If not, hiring a consultant would be a snap.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 05:35 PM
Perhaps they could come up with something like this??

Search: Science BO
Then drop Arrows to sort by various levels of Traits??
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 06:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyuui View Post
Its also linked between factions so that's why you see KDF recruits, some folks do buy them with Fed characters and then send them.
Eh... no, no people don't. KDF officers mock you for trying to trick them onto a Fed crew and the buy fails.

Agree with the OP that the exchange interface fails powerfully. The scroll bars don't even work right, for gosh sake - each page remembers the scroll position you had on the last page so you end up having to go down on one page, then up on the next, then down... etc. Scroll bars! This is not new technology...

A finer-grained search feature would go a long way toward making the exchange usable, but since even the basic UI elements are broken I doubt Cryptic has the capacity/ability/interest to actually add functionality.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2011, 07:58 PM
Step 1 rarity
Step 2
Search by race then by preoffession

IE Andorian eng or sci or tac

Should fix your issue