Lt. Commander
# 1 Starbases Improvements
03-03-2011, 07:20 PM
I was thinking the other day, I'd like to see a revamp of all the Starbases.
  • Add the missing areas to all of em and expand them (IE Siskos Office, habitat areas )
  • And make more missions on them and in their levels.
  • And the ability to "attach yourself to a base, as a support ship that would fend off attacks, do missions for the different officers onboard, do patrol missions, and perhaps have quarters (wishful thinking)

With the possibility of fleet starbases coming, I'd like this
  • Transwarp Conduits in every sector to allow Trasnwarping to a Fleet Starbase
  • A base Starbase that can slowly be upgraded with new stuff and to be bigger
  • Purchaseable base skins (in-game currency)
  • Once the Starbase reaches a level of sophistication, a Transwarp to Fleet Base button
  • Purchaseable cosmetic add-ons for the interior, exterior, and map (in-game currency)

I'd like to see the Conduits also be used as a "fast travel" option that will cost in game currency

What do you think, I'd like to add more people awesome ideas.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 09:07 PM
No opinions?
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 09:08 PM
I like this. It sounds pretty awesome. Wonder how something like this would be implemented.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 09:11 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by DecadeComplete
I like this. It sounds pretty awesome. Wonder how something like this would be implemented.
I guess it would require a modification of the foundry. Basically, a constant "mission".

The transwarp thing wouldn't be to hard. Just set up a whole bunch of em (one to a sector) and then once you get withing a certain distance it acts like the Gamma Orionis one.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 09:59 PM
I'm not sure I'd want actual Transwarp Conduits to Fleet Starbases. I'd rather reserve the conduit network for Federation expansion between quadrants. However, if there were a means of doing a short series of Fleet Missions to unlock Transwarp Drive destinations for the Captains themselves that would make more sense. Somewhat like the destinations unlocked over the Federation Diplomats career.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2011, 10:28 PM
There is many ways Cryptic can have us travel throughout the galaxy.

1) The Borg Transwarp Hub
2) Wormholes
3) Subspace Corridors (Like the Vaadaur).
4) Transwarp
5) Long Duration Slipstream
6) Subspace Mechanics (like the one Barclay did under the influence of the Cynthonians).
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2011, 06:00 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Psi'a Meese
I'm not sure I'd want actual Transwarp Conduits to Fleet Starbases. I'd rather reserve the conduit network for Federation expansion between quadrants. However, if there were a means of doing a short series of Fleet Missions to unlock Transwarp Drive destinations for the Captains themselves that would make more sense. Somewhat like the destinations unlocked over the Federation Diplomats career.
How else would you get to a "Fleet Starbase" then?