Lt. Commander
# 1 James Doohan's B-day is today!
03-03-2011, 08:20 PM
Happy birthday James! You're still "Given it all she's got" somewhere out there.
youtube
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 08:28 PM
A wonderful talent whose absence is missed.

It might have been weird a few years back but I can't help but wish Scotty was in the game, present-day, at Memory Alpha or somewhere like that.

By the soft canon accounts, he's going to be around at least another ten years (2421 or so is the last soft canon mention of Scotty being alive) and it isn't all that unreasonable considering both how long he was suspended on the Jenolen and how long people live in Star Trek.

Plus, Cryptic got permission for a young Scotty in game. An old Scotty that's a bit older looking than Doohan would be a welcome sight, IMHO.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 08:35 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

It might have been weird a few years back but I can't help but wish Scotty was in the game, present-day, at Memory Alpha or somewhere like that.

By the soft canon accounts, he's going to be around at least another ten years (2421 or so is the last soft canon mention of Scotty being alive) and it isn't all that unreasonable considering both how long he was suspended on the Jenolen and how long people live in Star Trek.

Plus, Cryptic got permission for a young Scotty in game. An old Scotty that's a bit older looking than Doohan would be a welcome sight, IMHO.
I would really like to see Scotty on Memory Alpha. Even if not the real Scotty (preferably though) maybe a hologram.

Scotty was the best, and to me had the saddest ending. He was really the last of the enterprise to be alive and then he got stuck about 80 years in the future.

Oh man, now I want to see a older scotty now
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 09:12 PM
You are missed James. You were an excellent actor and Scotty remains on top as the best engineering in Star Trek. Happy birthday.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 09:24 PM
Omg that is so cool mine is tomorrow I feel like I have an association to Scotty! It's almost like we're twins and he got all the awesome and I'm just me!
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2011, 09:29 PM
I had the honor of meeting Mr. Doohan at a Trek convention back in 92, when I was but a wee 13 year old. He was a wonderful, gracious, humble, and supremely witty man.

Raised a glass to him at dinner tonight...and the drink was, appropriately enough, green.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2011, 09:43 PM
Thank you for the reminder. I've read so many good things about Mr. Doohan over the years. I regret never having taken opportunity to attend a convention in which he participated.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2011, 11:03 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99

I very much hope to see some time travel missions set in the TOS movie years, and the Enterprise B and C years. I'd dearly love to have an older Scotty in some TOS movie based missions. I always liked the Engineering Vest he wore when he got older, as well as the bomber jacket he wore at times. I hope they'll add those to the game soon.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2011, 04:46 AM
Met him at a star trek convention here in ottawa in 88. REALLY nice guy. Of all the star trek people, he was the best.

Dorn= worst
Shatner= neutral
sirtis= good
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-04-2011, 04:50 AM
How many of you read Doohans nontrek book trilogy, The Flight Engineer. Also not only was he several voices in the animated series, but also others in TOS.

Voices in TOS: Sargon, M-5 computer, Nasa Mission control during a time travel, and the voice of the Oracle.