Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2011, 05:51 AM
I was thinking i caught Michael Dorn on an off day or something. He didn't even say anything to me, just looked at me with disgust. Having just paid 20 quid for his signature, i'd expect at least a smile.

Spiner on the other hand was legendary.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2011, 05:55 AM
dorn showed up at the convention (this was a few years before his stint on DS9) and started saying how much he didn't want to be there.
That the only reason he showed up was because him mother told him to.
You know, I am pretty sure the only reason why anyone would want to be the speaker for a convention is for the money, but please understand that that money comes from the people in the audience.
I got Dorns autograph as well. I think i hid it away in shame.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2011, 05:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by forresto View Post
Happy birthday James! You're still "Given it all she's got" somewhere out there.
youtube
God Bless Him, Happy birthday James
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2011, 06:08 AM
All the best JD!
Wish you where still with us.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Staran View Post
Met him at a star trek convention here in ottawa in 88. REALLY nice guy. Of all the star trek people, he was the best.

Dorn= worst
Shatner= neutral
sirtis= good
Just out of curiosity, whats wrong with Dorn?
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2011, 06:10 AM
Here we have an actor that, back when Star Trek was being made, was just acting out a sci-fi engineer with a penchant for having miracle fixes for the show.

Little did everyone know back then that Mr. James Doohan, as Montgomery Scott, would shape hundreds, if not thousands, of young minds to become engineers, inspired by his work in Star Trek.

To this day, beyond his mortal life, his work still inspires. His ashes were shot into space, as his last request, becoming yet another inspiration for the next generation of engineers to aim for: Space.

James Doohan, thank you.