Lt. Commander
Just wondering as the devs have said they were thinking about changing skill system to be space use one set of skill points and ground uses another. Got me thinking about how they changed the rules to where captains were suppose to remain on their ships while first officers beamed down for ground missions. Instead of making it so that we have the same character with two different branches one for space and one for ground why not add in another character the player creates after hes done the first few missions. Once he takes up captain of his first ship he goes to an Npc to make his First officer. You would control the officer on ground missions and your Captain would remain on the ship. Probably would take alot of time but the idea it self IMO sounds cool. Players would get their First officers alot have wanted and it wouldnt have to tie into the Duty officers. Would give us the option for more diversity per character slot. Say tac captains with engineer First officers. Just a thought anyways.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 11:35 AM
Heck, I'd like to be able to beam down as ANY bridge officer. That way my Captain can stay on the ship and my CMO can lead the away team in a medical emergency.