Lt. Commander
Deep Space Nine is fabulous, but it needs a makeover because it is missing several important things:

*If at all possible, Quark's really should not be its own instance.

*Holosuites added to the top floor.

*Hologram of Morn, or Morn himself if his species is long lived, added to Quark's. Should be able to buy him a drink.

*Sitable stools added to Quark's.

*Darts mini-game added. Play with your friends, gain skill at the game the more you play, etc.

*Infirmary is missing! Doctor Bashir did not practice medicine by the Exchange! Give us Bashir's Infirmary.

*Tailor really should be Cardassian instead of Vulcan.

*Security Office is missing. Place Odo's bucket subtly in a corner as a tribute to the constable. Perhaps the new security chief (who should be in the bajoran militia uniform) can offer us officer training or something relating to ship's crews.

*OPS needs to allow us to walk into Sisko's old office. Put his baseball on the desk as a tribute to him.

*Runabouts, which are sold only at DS9, need to be given some kind of real in-game function. I hear the shuttle system is going to be cool. Are runabouts better than a standard shuttle? They should be.

Any other suggestions?

EDIT: added my one last thought "Instead of beaming onto the Promenade, we see a cut scene of the DS9 "pizza-slicer" doors opening, our Captain walking out all epic like, and then we are standing on the Promenade."

EDIT2: Morbius1's excellent ideas:

Like the OP said, open up the entrance to Quarks. PLEASE TAKE OUT THE STUPID RAMP. One way to save polygon load (so you can merge it to the rest of the promenade) is to add turbolifts like you had in Club 47 instead of that monstrous ramp. It might not be totally accurate, but it's better than that ramp.

The operations really needs the office there and it's missing the beam near where Miles would stand. You can see it here on the right hand side: http://www.ditl.org/internals/GDS9Ops1.jpg
Here's another shot of it: http://drexfiles.files.wordpress.com...untitled-1.jpg

Also the lighting there should be warmer or darker. There's a lot of great shots here actually: http://drexfiles.wordpress.com/2010/...ations-center/

Also the outside of DS9 needs to be much darker, just like you have going for the new ESD now.
Lt. Commander
# 2
01-27-2011, 12:09 PM
I don't usually reply to these kinds of threads, but... I agree 100%
Lt. Commander
# 3
01-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Deep Space Nine is the only interior which is TOO SMALL!
Lt. Commander
# 4
01-27-2011, 12:16 PM
I dont think its a high priority...however after ESD is overhauled DS9 should be next and these improvements would go a long way to making visits to DS9 a throughly enjoyablle event
Lt. Commander
# 5
01-27-2011, 12:18 PM
Yes. I agree wholeheartedly 100%. DS9 needs a makeover after ESD is finished. I always felt the current DS9 has a cartoony feel to it.
Lt. Commander
# 6
01-27-2011, 12:19 PM
I agree this should go into the Todo list for any devs working on overhauling/re-mastering.

Don't get me wrong, DS9 is lovely as is, but it could also be improved from 'cool' to 'EXCELLENT *guitar riff*'
Lt. Commander
# 7
01-27-2011, 12:20 PM
i would love to see ds9 added to (outer rings and pylons) and what we have improved. like sisko's office and the infirmary.

i think ds9 is going to be the hub of many a foundry episode and an upgrade would be very important to help tell those stories and make them more effective.

i could also see ds9 playing a big part in any weekly series centred around cardassian space.
Lt. Commander
# 8
01-27-2011, 12:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xceptionzero View Post
I dont think its a high priority...however after ESD is overhauled DS9 should be next and these improvements would go a long way to making visits to DS9 a throughly enjoyablle event
Don't forget about Qo'nos too
Lt. Commander
# 9
01-27-2011, 12:28 PM
Great ideas! I too would love to see DS9 get some attention. The devs responsible did an excellent job so far with the ESD updates and hopefully they can spend some time polishing up DS9 too.
Lt. Commander
# 10 Ds9 Upgrade
01-27-2011, 12:33 PM
I would like to see an option to dock my ship at all stations!