Lt. Commander
# 21
03-09-2011, 12:14 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Xenor-Nyiad View Post
/not signed

I'll only aprove T4-T5 ships......with an Akira refit thrown in too :p
You know, that might be an interesting comprimise.

A ship's class can be manually retrofitted to Teir +1, +2 at the most.

And you can choose how it improves to fill out the new stats. (BO positions, Console arrangement, etc.)
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-09-2011, 12:38 PM
I think that we need to A: Introduce a whole new set of T6 ships, in a sort of Tactical role. I don't mean Tactical as in Tactical Officers, I mean these new ships would be either heavy hitters on both sides, or mainly stealth ships minus the Cloak.

Or we could do this: Fed side would get something along the lines of a Soverign with more Tac slots, a Sci ship with more Eng. slots, adn an Dervish or Prommie with more Sci slots.

Another option is to let players tweak their ships little by little- Say, being able to use Particle Traces (3 of a kind AT LEAST) to upgrade the stats on your ship. Damage Resistance, Turn Rate, Inertia Modifier, and Flight Speed would be the main beneficiaries of such modifications, with Damage and Sheild and Hull strength getting minor tweaks.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-09-2011, 12:42 PM
If a Miranda becomes a Tier 6 ship, this game would officially become absurd. A ship design that is over a hundred years old becoming a flagship for a taskforce?

No.

Keep in mind that gameplay at the Fleet Admiral level will include command of pets in tactical-style gameplay vis a vis Rainbow Six, from my interpretation of dstahl. Therefore, having an Akira-R in the mix would make sense.

Most of the appropriate ships are obtainable before you hit that level, though. The Galaxy, Sovereign, etc. would be ideal flagships. That leaves me to believe that the Enterprise-F class ship might be one of the T6 ships to be unveiled in, what, a year?
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-09-2011, 01:15 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by tarjan View Post
How about tier 6 is all cryptic original ships for this time frame.. right now we flying around in museum relics.
T6 will include ship designs from the enterprise contest.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-09-2011, 01:25 PM
I would mind seeing a few designs like these;

Pic 1

Pic 2

Pic 3

Pic 4

Pic 5

I also would love to see some Cryptic originals for Tier 6 and beyond.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-09-2011, 01:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by OtakuboyT View Post
  • Read my lips. No more Ensign slots (Mostly Tac )
....now that would be an idea, LESS abilities but more powerfull.
No ensign at all, only Lt. +
yeah... i could get behind that.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-09-2011, 01:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SP3CTREnyc
If a Miranda becomes a Tier 6 ship, this game would officially become absurd. A ship design that is over a hundred years old becoming a flagship for a taskforce?

No.

Keep in mind that gameplay at the Fleet Admiral level will include command of pets in tactical-style gameplay vis a vis Rainbow Six, from my interpretation of dstahl. Therefore, having an Akira-R in the mix would make sense.

Most of the appropriate ships are obtainable before you hit that level, though. The Galaxy, Sovereign, etc. would be ideal flagships. That leaves me to believe that the Enterprise-F class ship might be one of the T6 ships to be unveiled in, what, a year?
Why? The Miranda fought against the Borg at 357 and against the Domnion. It is a ship in current service why would it not merit a T6 varient? I admit it is a short range ship and much softer then other ships but with the threats in the galaxy why would a ship currently in service not be retrofitted?

The biggest issue I have with making all ships T6 is that people think they will all have the same stats. They won't! A constitution will not be a soviergn. A saber will not be a Prometheus. Hull, turn and crew will all be different but that does not mean the ship can't DO anything.

Tiers should simply be unlock point...Congratulations you can now access ships from T2-5 but if you'd like your current vessel will level with you.

Give them weapons boffs and consoles but leave all other stats as is. I don't believe smaller ships should have the weapons a huge cruiser does though.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-09-2011, 01:45 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tragamite View Post
Tiers should simply be unlock point...Congratulations you can now access ships from T2-5 but if you'd like your current vessel will level with you.
I do not see a Miranda "leveling" enough to be on par with a Sovereign or Prometheus. They just do not have the hull for standing up to Borg or Undine, even if they were to allow the stats to bump up a little.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-09-2011, 01:56 PM
The way things currently are, you can effectively "refit" a ship just by putting all mk XI items on it. Granted, you only have level 1 abilities, but Ive seen someone in a Nova team with someone in a Defiant in VA pvp and be absolutely deadly.

If the hull stays the same, what's wrong with giving a low level ship more BO stations and consoles?
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-09-2011, 02:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Shard-Warrior View Post
I do not see a Miranda "leveling" enough to be on par with a Sovereign or Prometheus. They just do not have the hull for standing up to Borg or Undine, even if they were to allow the stats to bump up a little.
Agreed, thus it would be in your best interest to invest in a new ship. HOWEVER, don't force me to leave it if it is my favorite ship and the only thing I want to be captain of as long as I play STO. I don't speak for myself here but on behalf of those who can't...

And I agree that it should not mesure up to a T5 (6) scaucer to saucer but I do believe that Starfleet would do its best to outfit her to put up a fight and I am sure they do drills against the Promo and Sauv to improve resorcefullness of the captains in this time of need.

Many of us have taken on the challenge of seeing what we are capable of with a T1(2) with Mk X or XI gear against endgame obsticles. Being rescorcefull and tactful you find that the ship is capable!

I would say it like this for the T1 starter vessels advancing to T5 is that they should only have "room" for 3/3 weapons. T2 Cruisers should be 4/2 at T5.

I don't think thses vessels should in anyway "MATCH" a T5 but rather have modifications to make them comparable.