Lt. Commander
# 1 Diplomatic Investigations
03-03-2011, 03:22 PM
Do Diplomatic Investigations that involve combat give Diplomacy Xp?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-03-2011, 03:28 PM
I believe so. I only get 10/20 XP for each one though.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-03-2011, 03:31 PM
The only mission like that I know of is the one where you are asked to investigate ships in the area. And there are enemy ships in the area as well. This mission will reward you 10 DXP.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-03-2011, 03:32 PM
No, they give only XP no DP. So if you have a diplomatic mission and any enemy shows up, you can cancel it with no remorse, because it is wothless for the diplomatic rank.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-03-2011, 03:33 PM
Thank you.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-03-2011, 04:20 PM
this isnt true, when u scan the 5 ships in space if there are enemies you still get the DXP
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-03-2011, 04:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Macumba
No, they give only XP no DP. So if you have a diplomatic mission and any enemy shows up, you can cancel it with no remorse, because it is wothless for the diplomatic rank.
This is only true on ground missions.

If you come across the 'Scan derelict vessels' missions in space, and there are enemies involved, you will still get Dip XP.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-03-2011, 05:11 PM
I had a ground mission that beamed in enemies after I scanned the first object. It did NOT provide diplomatic XP, despite having come from the Diplomatic Investigations. To me, that's a flaw in the design. Diplomatic Investigations are supposed to GUARANTEE non-combat, diplomatic XP missions.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-03-2011, 05:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
I had a ground mission that beamed in enemies after I scanned the first object. It did NOT provide diplomatic XP, despite having come from the Diplomatic Investigations. To me, that's a flaw in the design. Diplomatic Investigations are supposed to GUARANTEE non-combat, diplomatic XP missions.
I wholeheartedly agree. Its bad enough that they're are so few ways, and one way doesn't even guarantee it.

Thats why I am for Patrol and Diplomatic missions being replayable.

Or a new type of patrol, far better than the old ones:

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=192696
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-03-2011, 05:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Eulif_Davis
Yeah, this happens. My theory is that when you hit 'diplomatic investigation' it randomly chooses an explore mish to treat as a 'diplomatic' mission. It must be a bug that it can choose the ones that require combat. Or else it's a cut n paste error and they just forgot to add DXP to some of the diplomatic missions when they pasted.

Fortunately this seems to happen very very rarely (I have 3 toons within a couple hundred of Diplomat, so I've hit that button quite a lot).

The "scan 5 vessels" mission seems to be different in that you can fight and still get the DXP. I think the difference is that you can easily ninja around the enemies and finish without firing a shot (even getting the scans without aggro which is unusual). Maybe this is the intended "diplomatic" approach although there's no penalty for massacre.