Lt. Commander
Well I had a thread going in end of Jan I think as to when Foundry would be out. My guess was beginning of March. As that is coming to a close, it is now even more a mystery just when they plan on launching it. Dstahl said in the thread it was dependent on a few features, like the branching dialog. Those are out there, so not sure what the delay is.

Anyone with hard intel on when this is coming?

This is very much a make or break moment for STO. With other games coming out on the market soon, it makes it all the more difficult to justify hanging out on only promises.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 11:44 AM
The build on Tribble right now is pretty close to a build candidate.

The tools were being held back for branching dialogue (and other big, changing features) but they're incredibly sharp right now. Changing dialogue and triggers in such big, broad strokes could've introduced a lot of issues (as well as the already existing bugs).

Once it gets polished and any new hiccups from the sweeping changes that branching dialogue and triggers introduce and we'll see the Foundry on holodeck.

My money is on a couple weeks.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2011, 11:52 AM
there is no delay. the latest tribble build only went up like 2-3 days ago. it will take a little time to fix the bugs from that build, assuming thats the one going live.

I think there is a half decent chance that it could be late next week, more likely the week after. i would not expect it to be much later than that.

i also dont think its a make or break. that implies STO is somewhat in the balance now and I dont think it is at all. all indications its doing just fine as it is. TOR could certainly be a big challenger but that still seems to be several months away.

The foundry could however be a massive help in pushing STO up to the next level.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 01:06 PM
Last I heard Foundry will reach Holodeck between now and Season 4. There is no set timeframe for when it will reach Holodeck because Cryptic doesn't know. Maybe we should ask Q :p
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2011, 01:08 PM
The last thing they said is soon after this featured episode series ends, which is tomorrow. Of course, they've been saying soon for a long time now, but I'm hoping this one is for real and we'll see in maybe next weekend?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2011, 02:33 PM
I think there was definitely an implication in Dstahl's last Q&A that they'd like to sometime next week if they can sort out a few issues. And most of the bug reports I'm seeing turn out not to be bugs but things that are limited (but will improve) with the addition of more features.