Lt. Commander
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Qang_class

The Qang class from the novels had a primary/secondary hull separation. Given that other classes from the books have made their way over (the Luna and soon the Vesta class), a class from the books doesn't seem implausible. Given that it's heavily similar to the Vor'cha, it also gives Cryptic a head start on it and guarantees that it looks fairly true to Trek canon

It splits into THREE parts like the Prometheus (Bridge as a shuttle-like component, primary, and secondary hull) and the bridge itself might be usable as a separate shuttle as a counter/parallel to the Delta Flyer.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-04-2011, 01:55 PM
Although Im all for more ships in the game, I don't understand this huge backlash against the MVAM Prometheus.

Klingon players even with the slight carrier nerf, and the excelsior, and the nebula still win the majority of the PvP matches that I've seen with a wide margin. I don't think this ship is going to make a huge difference in the balance of pvp because MVAM or not the majority of federation players wont communicate and coordinate as most KDF players do.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-04-2011, 01:59 PM
As Klingon Player I don't want anything like MVAM. I am Happy feds get it and Klingons don't. And I dont want anything like it that spawns pets from our ships. We have carriers, I say MVAM is Feds answer to Carriers, we do not need to answer their answer.

But that said, the back pod on Negh'vars was designed as a detachable scout craft, just was never shown.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-04-2011, 02:01 PM
i think the klinks need at least 3 more high end ship types, although im not worried one bit if they have their own MVAM or not. they dont have to force the issue, or even have special abilities just give them some more ship types.

id love to see some more proper cryptic madeklingon style cruisers added, (along with a k't'inga refit) or some more science variants.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-04-2011, 02:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Leviathan99
http://memory-beta.wikia.com/wiki/Qang_class

The Qang class from the novels had a primary/secondary hull separation. Given that other classes from the books have made their way over (the Luna and soon the Vesta class), a class from the books doesn't seem implausible. Given that it's heavily similar to the Vor'cha, it also gives Cryptic a head start on it and guarantees that it looks fairly true to Trek canon

It splits into THREE parts like the Prometheus (Bridge as a shuttle-like component, primary, and secondary hull) and the bridge itself might be usable as a separate shuttle as a counter/parallel to the Delta Flyer.
Yay. Issue solved it seems.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-04-2011, 02:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
My way is even easier than that; there is no issue.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-04-2011, 02:24 PM
Indeed, no issue.

KDF gets a couple of unique ship abilities (and 2 entirely unique TYPES of ships, carriers and BoPS) so its pretty much fine that the Feds get some more
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-04-2011, 02:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiberion1701
Indeed, no issue.

KDF gets a couple of unique ship abilities (and 2 entirely unique TYPES of ships, carriers and BoPS) so its pretty much fine that the Feds get some more
Exactly!

The only thing we need is more ship costumes and variants.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-04-2011, 03:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
As Klingon Player I don't want anything like MVAM. I am Happy feds get it and Klingons don't. And I dont want anything like it that spawns pets from our ships. We have carriers, I say MVAM is Feds answer to Carriers, we do not need to answer their answer.

But that said, the back pod on Negh'vars was designed as a detachable scout craft, just was never shown.
I agree and feel the same way about carriers, Klingons have them, Feds don't and shouldn't. Feds get MVAM Klingons don't. As I have seen many times in response to the "Feds need carriers" threads, want a carrier make a Klink. Same applies for MVAM, want MVAM play a Fed.

The detachable pod would be a nice addition though.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2011, 12:46 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Martok42 View Post
My way is even easier than that; there is no issue.

Good, then the subject can be tabled as the option exists so everybody can be happy and stop "fearing" change and the toys of the other kids in the sandbox.