Lt. Commander
# 11
03-04-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
A KDF BO is received through the diplomatic core and is actually non-klingon (i.e Orion). They also keep their KDF uniform because they are part of the officer exchange. Therefore they are not part of the Federation.
Well, the Orion boffs at the very least wouldn't be too hard to explain. The Species as a whole is still neutral, as I understand it, it's just the Orion Syndicate Organization that are allied with the KDF. Unless I'm mistaken. I know there was an Orion in Starfleet Academy in the latest movie (the one Kirk was in bed with).
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-04-2011, 07:43 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by shikamaru317 View Post
Well, the Orion boffs at the very least wouldn't be too hard to explain. The Species as a whole is still neutral, as I understand it, it's just the Orion Syndicate Organization that are allied with the KDF. Unless I'm mistaken. I know there was an Orion in Starfleet Academy in the latest movie (the one Kirk was in bed with).
Well the latest movie has no affect on this game at all, aside from Spock and Nero being missing. That is in an alternate timeline which is possibly why we see an Orion in Starfleet.

Honestly I'm not sure if the entire Orion race or just the Syndicate is allied with the KDF. I don't even think they know themselves :p
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-04-2011, 08:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
There could even be two Borg BO's. You only get to use that quote if you find out that they aren't loyal to you. And you can maybe put only non-Federation members at all your ship's consoles, BUT the rest of the BO's and the crew will still be Starfleet.

The thing about having a Borg BO is, that if youre not watching, you might just suddenly have ALL Borg BO's. ;-) They have this cross-culture "assimilation" thing they do... so your multi-ethnic crew is now ALL pale and sprouting implants, while the original Borg whistles innocently and pretends to be doing something else.

Spay or Neuter your drone. Be responsible.

Whiskey Echo!!
Mythgraven
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-04-2011, 09:23 PM
Am I the only one that thinks the officer exchange program in a time of war is really stupid. Especially when you are bringing enemy officers to serve on your ship.

I mean couldn't they have come up with a better explanation. Like colonies that didn't go back to the old Klingon ways. Or Gorn that wanted to fight against the Klingons that conquered them.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-04-2011, 09:51 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Englebert
Am I the only one that thinks the officer exchange program in a time of war is really stupid. Especially when you are bringing enemy officers to serve on your ship.

I mean couldn't they have come up with a better explanation. Like colonies that didn't go back to the old Klingon ways. Or Gorn that wanted to fight against the Klingons that conquered them.
I think it is closer related to the truce set up by the Federation and Klingons due to the Borg threat in Gamma Orionis.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-04-2011, 09:54 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by attilio View Post
I think it is closer related to the truce set up by the Federation and Klingons due to the Borg threat in Gamma Orionis.
Even with a truce you wouldn't bring the potential enemy on board to serve on your bridge.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-04-2011, 10:09 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commadore_Bob
Let's see, it is possible that someone could have ship with the following:
Ferengi Captain
Breen BOff
Reman BOff
Borg BOff
KDF BOff

So you could have a Starfleet ship with absolutely no Federation members on it.

I must remember to keep my shields up from now on...

Bonus points for naming the episode the title is from...

That would be a good accolade
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-04-2011, 10:12 PM
Quote:
Let's see, it is possible that someone could have ship with the following:
Ferengi Captain
Breen BOff
Reman BOff
Borg BOff
KDF BOff

So you could have a Starfleet ship with absolutely no Federation members on it.

I must remember to keep my shields up from now on...

You could have a Starfleet Ship with no Federation BOffs on it. It's also assumed that these characters become members of the Federation before joining.

Wasn't most of Sisko's crew non-starfleet: Odo, Kira, etc.?
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-04-2011, 11:00 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Lumikumi View Post
State of Flux was the Episode.
yes right after he finds out the bajoran is a cardasian!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-04-2011, 11:37 PM
Quote:

The Quote is actually "... was anyone on that ship working for me?"
It's Chakotay from "State of Flux", Voyager Season 1, Episode 11.

Edited to add: oops. Didn't see the last post.