Lt. Commander
# 41
03-05-2011, 12:23 PM
Just did the mission....and we encountered some Romulans with 'God Mode'.....we were unable to do any damage to them once they reached 50% health.Is this a bug or by design?
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-05-2011, 12:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SHARKFORCE View Post
Just did the mission....and we encountered some Romulans with 'God Mode'.....we were unable to do any damage to them once they reached 50% health.Is this a bug or by design?
The Romulans used super jump and hax. Weird though, I managed to complete the mission and mine didn't seem to go into God mode.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-05-2011, 12:25 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Azurian View Post
Must be the Iconian Enhanced Borg Implants. But was funny the Thalron also "killed" Obisek and when he got up he was a talking statue. :p

But Sela suddenly showing up like it was nothing, was bad storytelling. Even with Obisek's conversation at the Vault, its just insanely open questions. I feel it would've been smarter if that was Haakev that got dragged away and have him return in the near future as a greater threat.

Also, it would be nice if we had actual time to read the dialogue, because thoughout the mission I was fired upon before I got a chance to even read it. And this was doing the mission solo.

Overall, I give this mission a B- with the uniqueness with the Catwalks, the Orbital Bombardment, and the Scorpion Fighter encounter. However, the Ground Iconian Gateways and the Haakeve fight, as well as the Sela fiasco could've been better handled.
I agree with you on many points, but I think you gave them too high a grade. I'd say a C, it had uniqueness but... it didnt really deliver on everything, I like the opening space battle, though I'd have also like to read the briefing thing, then and on other occasions, the fights on the ground would mess up o occasion, with weird behavior on ground mobs. Hakeev fight takes to tries to be possible, in my case, even though one of his guys made it onto a ledge the second time. Sela showing up and being involved was kinda weird given the story, felt a little incomplete, the story needed some work. there were also tons of gateways, 3 to this planet, in 3 different sizes, seems excessive for the planet, maybe they could have mentioned why there were so many on this planet these things were pretty darn rare before now.

Selas arrival was also a wtf blow to my ship, she unleaded on me and I stood no chance in my little BoP, not a very fair fight when she appears out on nowhere and I'm already engaged with a few ships only to be blown away. When I respawned, ok, it wasn't too bad, then I had some distance and could fight.

The follow up mission talking to obisek was also pretty limited, could have been improved upon and done more of consequence instead of me asking him questions he answers and then a "the end".

btw, second try and the mission worked, generally, I could kill check his body after.
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-05-2011, 12:40 PM
Quote:
I read all of it, Sela was treated like a Third Party all this time, where she was dealing with the Reman Insugensy, the fractioning of the Romulan Empire, and whatever plot the Tal Shiar was working up with the Iconians.
Okay, let me put it this way: You are the leader of an Empire, and a race of despised second-class citizens mans a fleet and wreaks havoc on one of your planets together with one to five ships of your arch enemy. What would you do? She had to demonstrate strength, we have been messing up Romulan space way too long.

Quote:
But it doesn't explain why she would suddenly show up in the Brea system and engaging the Reman forces. And by herself. Then getting dragged off like she was one of the Iconian henchmen.
See above. She had to show strength, and she had one hell of a ship to do that. And she was definitely not dragged off like a henchman. The Iconians left Taris behind, and if they were interested in her as a henchman she would already sit back on Romulus. At the moment all signs point to an abduction. For what purpose? That's something we'll see when the Ambassador class is released.

Quote:
I'm sorry but it just doesn't add up to me, storywise. Like I said, it would've been more convincing of an ending if that was Haakev, not Sela.
It wouldn't have been much of an ending. Hakeev is unimportant. If he vanishes the sad few remnants of the Tal Shiar will look for a new leader. With Sela gone there's civil war.

Quote:
BTW, I think these Tractor Mines is going to be the replacement for Chroniton Mines in PVP. PvP is going to be much more a pain in the impulse engines now.
They don't do any damage. I guess they won't stay that long in most builds.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-05-2011, 01:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by K-Tar
They don't do any damage. I guess they won't stay that long in most builds.
You don't use Chronitons for damage, you use them for the chance to impair other ships movements. Let's see if the tractor beam mines are better at that job.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-05-2011, 01:28 PM
I actually though him jumping up high was sorta cool,,, move back a few few and picked him off with my phaser :p
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-05-2011, 01:55 PM
Very annoying. I've killed him twice, but both times he teleported off to the roof of some building. Not fun, just irritating. The mission is long and you have to go through it all again when this happens.

0 out of 5.
Lt. Commander
# 48
03-05-2011, 03:44 PM
happened to me, too. When I played the mission by myself, it worked okay. Did it again with some teammates and he died, then warped up on the building and we couldn't finish it.
Lt. Commander
# 49
03-05-2011, 04:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hangover_Boy
happened to me, too. When I played the mission by myself, it worked okay. Did it again with some teammates and he died, then warped up on the building and we couldn't finish it.
Who is that in your pic?
Lt. Commander
# 50
03-05-2011, 05:41 PM
Hakeev dying on the building is not unrecoverable.

You just have to get one of your teammates up there ALSO, to talk to him.

Careful use of cover shield and some debris can accomplish this.

http://www.swordofkahless.com/images...n-building.jpg