Lt. Commander
Using an external instant messenger to access the Crypticspace chat server has been nothing but trouble. I got it working using Trillian for a while, but now every time I log in it tells me "Connection to JABBER has failed: invalid password. Click here to reset it."

This is complete crap, because I use that password to log into the game and it used to work to use the chat as well. But it doesn't matter if I delete the profile in Trillian and make a new one to log in with, or if I use Pidgin, or what, it now will simply not work. How do I reset this piece of junk so I can use it again?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 04:53 AM
I use PidginIM to connect to the chat server on my laptop and play on the tower (don't miss pm's this way) but here is how to setup up both and others: How to Chat ingame while offline - provided by Geek Squad Fleet
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2011, 12:30 PM
I isn't the setup I had problems with, I had it working, and now it doesn't. It doesn't matter if it's Pidgin or Trillian. Somehow Cryptic's servers think my password isn't correct, and I need to know if there's a way to kick them in the head so they're not stupid any more.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 08:16 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by xth3xr34p3rx View Post
I use PidginIM to connect to the chat server on my laptop and play on the tower (don't miss pm's this way) but here is how to setup up both and others: How to Chat ingame while offline - provided by Geek Squad Fleet
I try to join a chat room using your instructions at your site and I get, "Service Unavailable" I'm using the latest version of Pidgin.

**Edit** Nevermind, I figured it out. You may want to add that when your doing an auto room search, to change the address from guilds.crypticspace.com to channels.crypticspace.com
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 09:39 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by maximus92 View Post
I try to join a chat room using your instructions at your site and I get, "Service Unavailable" I'm using the latest version of Pidgin.

**Edit** Nevermind, I figured it out. You may want to add that when your doing an auto room search, to change the address from guilds.crypticspace.com to channels.crypticspace.com
amended the instructions.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-12-2011, 10:52 PM
So nobody else has experienced this problem? Nobody has any idea how to fix it?
Career Officer
# 7
07-25-2012, 11:20 AM
Cant get Xabber to properly link up to chats... it actually appears to be creating NEW channels instead of discovering and connecting to existing ones...

That said, I am certainly unable to properly connect to game-generated Fleet chats. Authorization Error abounds...

Whispers work fine however.
Wampaq@Jnoh, Fleet Leader: ..Bloodbath and Beyond 'Iw HaH je Hoch!
Starbase 5-5-4-4 || Embassy 3-3-3 || Mine 3-3-3 || Spire 3-3-3
A laid back KDF fleet welcoming independent, casual, & part-time players and groups. Roms & alts welcome.
Send in-game mail to Wampaq@Jnoh, visit our recruitment thread and FB page for more info.