Lt. Commander
# 1 Remans not scary enough?
03-06-2011, 09:33 AM
I don't want to nit pick but I know that the guys at Cryptic are really awesome about making Star Trek fans happy.
I found images of Remans online and they are way scarier than Obesek.

http://images.wikia.com/memoryalpha/...an_viceroy.jpg

Now I have seen the amazing artwork that this studio can do and I wonder why the new bluer less scary Remans are being used than these horror movie monsters from Star Trek Nemesis?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 10:28 AM
Maybe because Cloaked Intentions tries to portray the Remans more as "people" than movie bad guys/monsters?
Lt. Commander
# 3 Maybe
03-06-2011, 02:54 PM
I guess so but Star Trek has often made aliens just humans with funny noses, I think the decision to make Remans scary monsters was a nice change of pace. They could have just made them emo Romulans or something. Besides in a game like STO they don't have the limitations a movie budget has. I say scary them up a bit and make them more canon.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2011, 03:44 PM
I noticed the change in appearance too but thought I was not remembering them correctly from the movie. It's the same appearance they have in other parts of STO.

Now that I know I was remembering right ... I say SET THE REMANS BACK TO SCARY! (Or at least give some scary costume options for our Reman boffs.)

Surly the Federation looks past things like being a nosferatu wanna-be.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 05:54 AM
Also, none of the Remans are blue.
Their skin tone is a canon gray.