Lt. Commander
I loved this ep. It might even be my favourite of the entire series. The city was amazing and looked beautiful (I hope that makes it to the foundry for us to play with) and I enjoyed the orbital strikes, the cut scenes, the fact you had no bo's with you and instead had security teams was a nice touch. The boss fight was cool. Everything just worked for me. The final space battle was also epic and very enjoyable. As a final ep it did not disappoint.

Honestly brilliant job on the episode and brilliant job on the series in general. This was been an awesome experience.

Please don't wait too long before the next featured series as this just kicked STO from a good game to a great game in my eyes.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 01:15 PM
I really enjoyed the whole series. This episode was very enjoyable. I agree the city scape was very well done, a little confusing, but very nice none the less.

I do think I liked colesium (sp?) a little better though...original series music and all but this whole series was very good from start to finish. Nice job Cryptic
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 01:16 PM
im still annoyed ive yet to hear the original series music from coliseum. i think its a bug but it never plays on the missions *shakes fist at the universe*
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 01:24 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
im still annoyed ive yet to hear the original series music from coliseum. i think its a bug but it never plays on the missions *shakes fist at the universe*
That seems really odd. Are you getting other music from the game? There should be no difference between the coliseum music and other music in the game?

Do you have a custom playlist setup by chance?

I've just no good explanation as to why you would not hear this specific music.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 01:27 PM
I thoroughly enjoyed this episode. It was a excellent conclusion to the storyline while setting things up for an upcoming series.

And I was totally shocked to see Sela show up at the end. Didn't see that coming. You know their setting her up to play a significant role in the Iconian story arc.

One of the things I liked the best was that for the first time, I felt like something I did really had an impact. My actions resulted in a complete change in the Romulan leadership. True, this won't have a visual impact, but still, it feels like things in the universe moved forward today.
Lt. Commander
# 6
Quote:
the cut scenes, the fact you had no bo's with you and instead had security teams was a nice touch
I'm sure that was an essential workaround to prevent the mother of all BOff pathing bugs.

The fact it worked perfectly in the context of the story was wonderful writing.
Lt. Commander
# 7
loved it. was such a good mission, a great ground map, lovel;y scripting, and even the resolution was satisfying. enjoyed every second of it.

if this is the shape of things to come, then I can't wait to see what else you guys cook up.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-05-2011, 01:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by dstahl View Post
That seems really odd. Are you getting other music from the game? There should be no difference between the coliseum music and other music in the game?

Do you have a custom playlist setup by chance?

I've just no good explanation as to why you would not hear this specific music.
i have no music problems at all. i even hear one of the standard background tunes going on during the period that it should be playing so its not like im hearing silence. whilst i know nothing about how you put it together i assumed the standard game music was just overriding the custom piece somehow. ive played the mission about 5 times on different characters and all of them had the same problem.

nope never used custom play lists ever.

I know a couple of other people have reported the same issue. there was a bug report thread too.

http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=204498
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-05-2011, 01:31 PM
Quote:

I have found that in many other mmo's i have to adjust my speaker settings, sometimes the 5.1 setup i use doesn't play the sounds over the correct channels. not sure if thats whats causing your problem or not but its an idea. check to see if your speakers aren't set to stereo or something other then what your system has.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-05-2011, 01:33 PM
I wrote my opinion on this mission in the feedback section, but... it could have been better, I had the feeling it's too much important stuff put together. Iconians, Hakeev, Sela...

It's as if you were walking thru a Borg cube, ready to solve some mystery and suddenly Borg Queen, Locutus and Kosst Amojan jumped in front of you at the same time, you shot them all to pieces and the mission was over. Like.... huh?