Lt. Commander
# 101
03-06-2011, 12:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zakoriz
Please stop putting multiple healer NPCs in the same group. It makes ground combat EXTREMELY annoying, especially in these maps where I am 'solo' and have no way to burn them down fast enough. I had to intentionally kill myself in a thalaron mine just to take out a medic with me since I could not kill him.
Groups are typically randomly assigned, unless an encounter template is customized specifically. As far as I know the Romulan critter group is also set so that any single encounter, unless manually overridden, will never spawn more than one Centurion Medic and one Sublieutenant Medic in a given group (although that's really handled by the system guys who set up critter frequencies; in this case, Chaddington).
Lt. Commander
# 102
03-06-2011, 02:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Groups are typically randomly assigned, unless an encounter template is customized specifically. As far as I know the Romulan critter group is also set so that any single encounter, unless manually overridden, will never spawn more than one Centurion Medic and one Sublieutenant Medic in a given group (although that's really handled by the system guys who set up critter frequencies; in this case, Chaddington).
I can confirm that i've nerver seen more than two meds in a single group.
Those two tend to become problematic druing VA elite playthroughs though as your timeframe for killing a mob gets really small, even when focusfiring them.
Hakeev and his companions can even give VAs a REALLY hard time on Elite,even though there is just one healer, as you have to kill both the medic and the drone(before it can spawn its little toy).
Which makes this encounter so hard, the mine almost certainly kills most of your ground squads and you can't call them again when respawning. So you'll technically get one shotted there.
Lt. Commander
# 103
03-06-2011, 03:20 PM
I have seen two Centurain Medics in a group a few times over the past 12 months, but it rarely occurs and when it does.... target one first then the other :p
Lt. Commander
# 104
03-06-2011, 03:21 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
Right, they are doing that... the problem is, when you have 2 medics, of any kind, in the same group they heal eachother so well you cant kill one.. and if you do manage to kill one somehow (disintegrate for example) the other one goes over and revives them.

Now, for one thing, how can you revive something that was disintegrated??
Lt. Commander
# 105
03-06-2011, 03:25 PM
Quote:
Right, they are doing that... the problem is, when you have 2 medics, of any kind, in the same group they heal eachother so well you cant kill one.. and if you do manage to kill one somehow (disintegrate for example) the other one goes over and revives them.

Sublieutenants do not have the ability to revive people who've been defeated. Concentrate on the Centurion first.
Lt. Commander
# 106
03-06-2011, 04:03 PM
Quote:

I've yet to see ANY enemy revive a disintegrated opponent, primarily because without a body they have no targetable object with which to use thier resuscitate on.

It can be frustrating when there are 2 medics but tactics I find best under such circumstance is either use a good Expose weapon like a wide beam phaser etc..and then disintegrate with an exploit weapon when possible on one.

Also using a melee attack against one is a good way to interrupt thier heals and opportunity to heal, or you can gain the aggor of one healer and pull him behind an obstacle so the other healer does not have LOS and therefore cannot target the first to heal him etc..

Its not easy per se, but there are certainly tactics available to handle it.

Of course under normal circumstances where you have the rest of your away team with you its easy as you just order them all to focus on your target and no heal has been invented that can keep someone alive while 5 people are focusing on them at once
Lt. Commander
# 107
03-06-2011, 04:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post
I've yet to see ANY enemy revive a disintegrated opponent, primarily because without a body they have no targetable object with which to use thier resuscitate on.
They absolutely can do this, they just have to stand in the general area where the disintegration happened. If you watch when a Thalaron mine goes off, as long as the medic who can revive makes it through, he'll at least try to revive someone else. This happens even on normal difficulty. But yeah, melee attacks are the best thing for interrupting the revive process.
Lt. Commander
# 108
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Terral
They absolutely can do this, they just have to stand in the general area where the disintegration happened. If you watch when a Thalaron mine goes off, as long as the medic who can revive makes it through, he'll at least try to revive someone else. This happens even on normal difficulty. But yeah, melee attacks are the best thing for interrupting the revive process.
ah but the Thalaron weapon does not disintegrate people it petrifies them i.e turns them to stone and some turn to ash and crumble.

The fact that some enemy npcs may rez the petrified (stoned) people killed by a thalaron mine is no different than how we can do the same when it happens to our BOFFs.

disintegration is when there is nothing left like when you shoot an exposed enemy with an exploit weapon and they literally disappear..nothing left, no body, no ash, nothing.
Lt. Commander
# 109
03-06-2011, 06:01 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by NeoWolf View Post

It can be frustrating when there are 2 medics but tactics I find best under such circumstance is either use a good Expose weapon like a wide beam phaser etc..and then disintegrate with an exploit weapon when possible on one.

Also using a melee attack against one is a good way to interrupt thier heals and opportunity to heal, or you can gain the aggor of one healer and pull him behind an obstacle so the other healer does not have LOS and therefore cannot target the first to heal him etc..

Its not easy per se, but there are certainly tactics available to handle it.

Of course under normal circumstances where you have the rest of your away team with you its easy as you just order them all to focus on your target and no heal has been invented that can keep someone alive while 5 people are focusing on them at once
I've watched them revive disintegrated ones before. Both from my 'exploit' shot and also once when they where dead by thalaron.

Most missions, where I have help it isnt a huge issue but still annoying. In Cutting the Cord a couple of encounters I just could not do anything with, melee or otherwise. The two healers kept eachother healed no matter what I did.
Lt. Commander
# 110
03-06-2011, 09:04 PM
I was one of those folks that had issues with the "jumping" Hakeev thing, where I couldn't target him after he jumped up a building and died.

But...when I went back through a second time (because I had to restart the instance, and it starts you at the beginning), I realized that the Remans were keeping the Romulans busy, so I just walked passed them without any issues.

Not sure if that's working as intended, but I tend to think along the lines of "how can I get through this level if the objective isn't 'kill everything'". In this case, it was just hurry by it, and it won't keep shooting you.

I'm not complaining about that, not at all. In fact, I think STO is one of the few MMO's that allows for thinking outside the box like that, and I'd love more of that. Let me use some tactics to achieve the objective.

Again, it may be an unintended exploit, but in my opinion, it makes this game more realistic.

To the moderators and so on...This is me here hoping that I don't get banned for playing the game the way it was made.

If this isn't something that was supposed to be allowed, feel free to wipe out my post here, but PLEASE don't take away my STO! I don't know if I could handle it.