Lt. Commander
# 31
03-05-2011, 03:12 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
And she didn't in the mission. She waited until people failed before moving in.

I'm not sure how being cloaked for the majority of episode means that she was "guns blazing"?

She let the defenses softent the player before the mission began and waited until after many were defeated before striking.

She essentially had a fleet with her - only stepping in personally when they failed.
Lore-wise, that's very un-Romulan and absurd, especially seeing she was countering a whole flotilla of Reman ships.
Lt. Commander
# 32
Quote:
And she didn't in the mission. She waited until people failed before moving in.

I'm not sure how being cloaked for the majority of episode means that she was "guns blazing"?
Dude, you can't see the forest for the trees on this one. She did swoop in, guns blazing. Decloaking at any time and firing your weapons is the definition of swooping in with guns blazing. It doesn't matter at what stage of the game you do it in.

The fact that she revealed her ship and started firing after Hakeev's failure is against her character. If she followed her established character, she would've departed without decloaking or firing a shot at us and we would never have even known she was there.
Lt. Commander
# 33
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
IT IS A MYSTERY!

I guess the only way you would ever know would be to ask her yourself.
Curse you Heinig and your vaguely noncommittal answer! :p
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by jheinig View Post
IT IS A MYSTERY!

I guess the only way you would ever know would be to ask her yourself.
Great, so please have the Iconians hand her over to Starfleet intelligence for questioning. Thanks.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-05-2011, 03:13 PM
Quote:
Curse you Heinig and your vaguely noncommittal answer! :p
I ADMIT NOTHING!

I guess you could also ask Kestrel, since she's the writer.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-05-2011, 03:17 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Forgotten-Nemesis View Post
Dude, you can't see the forest for the trees on this one. She did swoop in, guns blazing. Decloaking at any time and firing your weapons is the definition of swooping in with guns blazing. It doesn't matter at what stage of the game you do it in.

The fact that she revealed her ship and started firing after Hakeev's failure is against her character. If she followed her established character, she would've departed without decloaking or firing a shot at us and we would never have even known she was there.
How would that fit her character?

She was proud to the point of hubris and got more and more irrational the more and more she failed in TNG.

Watching your slave class overthrow a major romulan city with aid from starfleet would not make her more rational; it would make her less.

Going back to the TNG era, when she started to see her house of cards fall, her responses became less and less appropriate. It served to illustrate that while she could coldly calculate and survive, she was flappable and couldn't adapt quickly.

That adaptability: the human characteristic tying Picard, Spock, and Data together (they were all adaptable and, at least partly, human) was part of the subtext of unification.
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-05-2011, 03:21 PM
I really liked the gateway at the end. All this time I've been wondering why the galaxy is absolutely littered with doughnut-shaped asteroids.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-05-2011, 03:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mad.Bill View Post
I really liked the gateway at the end. All this time I've been wondering why the galaxy is absolutely littered with doughnut-shaped asteroids.
Even the donut asteroids are an iconian plot. :p
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
And one last thing I don't get:

Remans blew up Hobus supernova. They killed billions. Yet now they are our best buddies, just because Iconians showed their ugly mugs?
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-05-2011, 03:23 PM
I hope the Scorpion Fighter Encounter getts retweeked as well, aside fromt he Milliion Dollor Romulans superjumping. :p

At least have it come around for a second pass (after a major devastating attack), so you got a little extra chance to down it. Or give Tacticals access to a 1-shot Mini Torp Launcher.