3. Reman Officer mission reward. Sure would have been nice to have a Romulan Female option as well. Lots of people including myself have all female crews. That hulking Reman just isn't going to fit in.
Yeah, Nemesis didn't exactly set a good tone for Reman/any other alien female relations.
I'm sure she's nursing her wounds now and plotting another comeback.
"Time to plan is time to gain the upper hand."
See, I don't know where you're getting this assumption that Hakeev was working for/with Sela, Darren.
What it looked like to me: Sela is still consolidating her hold on the Romulan Empire, and she has two main factions to contend with: The Reman revolutionaries and the Tal'Shiar (led by Hakeev, working for the Iconians). She sees those two factions come into conflict with each other. She sits in the shadows, watching what happens. The Remans (with our help) emerge victorious, and she uses that moment to strike, in an attempt to bring the Remans to heel and gain full control of the RSE once and for all.
The Iconians, after Hakeev's failure, don't want to see the RSE united beneath a cunning leader who might stand against them, so they abduct her, pulling her off the board and plunging the RSE back into chaos and civil war.
Indeed. I think Kestrel has done a great job of interweaving all the different factions into the ongoing storyline with the Iconians.
Based on our most recent strategy sessions, we will be ramping up to more of the Iconian plot over this next year so that you'll get even more of that story and some answers to several of the questions in this thread.
Does that mean those of us who guessed at Klingon, Cardassian, and Terran Empire Iconian involvement may have something to look forward to?
As it stands, those three are the odd ones out in terms of direct Iconian involvement, maybe with the Feds being close. (At least the Feds uncover quite a bit in the Taris missions.)
Off the bat, I think the Iconians:
- Are working with J'mpok, who is being setup for a fall once his people realize he plans to sell them out.
- Rebuilt the Terran Empire with a bit of creative shuffling of resources.
- Have not YET made their move with the Cardassians. But I think the opportunity is there and, if nothing else, will want to somehow neutralize the Prophets from interfering.
- May have allies on Vulcan and this may be the cause of the lack of Federation response to the Hobus incident. I can frankly also see where there's a really interesting set of parallels between Picard's career and the Iconians' plans which Q may have been hinting at in "All Good Things"; it's insanely oblique though and only makes sense in hindsight.
Specifically, I think things Q showed Picard in "All Good Things" could tie into the Iconian plot, in that he may have made sure somehow that Picard was being shown things that would be relevant to the nature of the Iconians' plans. Like I say, it's NUTS. The hints would be very oblique but it would represent another occasion when Q was giving us a fighting chance.
-What am i doing all the work? I mean, this would have been one of those episodes/missions where I woudl get someone else to do SOMETHING. "sure", let's beam the admiral to a hostile environment all by himself. Using your first officer would have been a plus
-a few times (the last two buildings at the end of the episode), my character disapeared for some reason.
I agree with most of the pro's and con's. I especially agree about non-customizable BO's. DStahl needs to give Matt's team some time to fix all of the non-customizable officers.
They took the time to make the Amazon.com Borg BO customizable after launch and everyone enjoyed it. I suspect once we get BO Promotion to Captain that this will indeed have to be looked at.
Agreed. Certainly, with the special reward Reman/Breen officers, it'd be nice to be able to:
* Rename their uniform in the tailor - it's a pain when you've assigned things like 'duty uniform' or 'combat fatigues' to the uniforms as reference, and can't for certain officers.
* Perhaps mess around with the basic features of their faces/bodies - just so not everyone has an identical officer on their ship.
* Same goes for uniforms - if there's more than one option for a certain part (e.g. 'boots 1' or 'boots 2'), it'd be cool to be able to have the choice available.
* More fundamentally, it'd be cool, again, to have combadges for them - if they're on a starship in some kind of working capacity, they need to be contactable and locateable, hence the badges.
Hopefully these make sense as options - I totally understand that these are special officers, so just whacking them in a Starfleet uniform like the rank-and-file crew is inappropriate. But there's a point where, if they're going to be on our ships, then certain features need to be useable in order for them not to stick out like a sore thumb.
As for the Referal Photonic BOff, not to get this thread derailed, but there's absolutely no reason why we can't have full customisation available for uniforms, if not body/face options. I've had mine (inactive, naturally!) for close to 9 months, and it'd be really nice to finally use them - but only if I can have them wear the same uniform as my other officers.
1. It's mentioned in the text that while the ship can't beam anyone up or down, several teams already made it to the surface with beachhead gear, which means that they have a tactical transporter setup locally.
..... man, I would love a kit that let you set up a tactical transporter pad. That would be bananas.