Lt. Commander
# 71
03-05-2011, 04:57 PM
i am bad at giving positive feedback, because i think it is kinda obvious what is cool in every mission and i would not be here if i wouldn't like them BIG TIME, so excuse me if i jump right to the constructive criticism

- some of the text popups were disrupted by NPC's attacking me, for example the very first one after you warp in, the romulan ship came into my range by itself and started shooting while i was only half done with the text.
stuff like that happened like 3 or 4 times this episode,

so effectively i missed a few lines of the story.

you have made it so that if i am at red alert i can't get a text popup disrupting my gameplay,
how about when a text popup is on screen you add a green alert status so that i cant be targeted by NPC's in the time while i read the story stuff?

- there should be an accolade for doing the mission without the GPS button, and without calling reinforcements, i like the idea of an enhanced Tricoder functionality like this, but to be honest it aims at the more *noobish* player that can't handle a little difficulty enviroment and you only can get lost because, the textures are all kinda the same color everywhere somehow... after running through the map 2 times i allready know my way arround and don't need it anymore.

- more of a general pet peeve of mine, but in this mission it was especially bad:
the minimap resolution is realy bad, i can't see anything on that thing but the general direction of the circles,
you guys realy need to overthink how the minimap works at some point, and take better pictures of the maps. (i think that Champions does a pretty good job at it, nice colorful icons and direction arrows and so on). And in Space it should work more like a radar then a Map, with like a 10k 25k 50k setting. (like long and shortrange sensors)

- the engineering objective was the very first profession specific accolade i did NOT get on my first try doing a mission.
i actually think this is a GOOD thing, not especially how it was done this time but i think those optional objectives were a little to obvious in the missions we had so far, i think they should be a little harder to get, a little more hidden, and maybe not allways indicated in the questlog (depends on situation of course!).

On the Xbox 360 i find myself replaying Games 5 times only to get some Achievements out of it.
If i get every accolade on the first run = less incentive to replay and searching for it.

But there should be a way to let me know that are 5 accolades in this mission to find.
like in older Ego Shooters (Elite Force 2 for example) where it tells you that you found 0/5 hidden rooms at the end...
the Quest giver dialouge could tell me "you found 3/5 accolades". Then i would know, hmm crap have to play that mission again and do some more searching.

- the Scimitar at the end... wow, i played on easy and had a hard time with that one, Obisek whined that his ship was broken and the other ships got pretty beaten up too.
I do NOT want to play this on Elite
That is exactly the kind of problem we have with the one shot kill mobs.
If i play on Advanced or Elite, i want the trashmobs to be constantly challenging so that i dont get bored so easy, but if i run into a *Boss* or *mini Boss*... i do NOT want him so UBER that i can't beat him anymore, that is just frustrating.
I can see the Scimitar on Elite killing the whole Reman fleet while i hit evasive all the time and can't get the shields of her down -> no fun.

(did not actually happen this time for me, but i had something like that in other missions a few times... so... yeah... just something to keep in mind).

- more of a story telling error:
my away team can't beam down to me, but random NPC teams from my ship can? hmm... strange
at first i kinda expected to collect my BOffs throughout the map... that they had beamed down in diffrent locations and i have to search them.

- i don't exactly see what the big deal about the Iconian Portal in space was, FED and KDF both have Transwarp Gates by now, they basically do the very same thing (does it realy matter if it is a little faster?).
The Iconians in STO allways seem to need a recieving Portal, like in Stargate.
In TNG they had only this Door popping up out of nowhere so they could go EVERYWHERE instantly... they could drop a Nuke in Admiral Quinn's office and we wouldn't be able to stop them. That is where the danger comes from, oh and we cant scan their tech or learny anything about it because that fries our computers. (what would happen to the Borg if they assimilate something iconian? lol !? )

- one of the 3 Hitpoints on the space portal donut was a little half silver half red iron man in space! tried to take a screenshot but when i was near enough to see him my automated defense turret killed him *doh* ;P

- oh... and very silly and annoying: NPC's jumping up the walls all over the place,
i have seen this in the first Deferi Series mission too when i replayed it lately, so this is a global issue that NPC's can jump like Spiderman now (Champions code leaking into STO maybe?)
Hakeev managed to jump up the roof, luckily for me he came back down right before he was killed or i would have been screwed.

- reward:
- mines: more boxes to spam arround in PVP so i cant target the real players
- Reman: cool, like it, not realy super surprising though (the reman prototype shield might have been better here? was clearly the coolest reward, and it might have reduced the People flying arround in non federation looking Ships? ...heard some complaints about that...).
and a minor glitch, when the BOff sits on my Bridge his... uuh... kilt? skirt? the PhysX clothing... clips through the chair... just wanted to mention this for the "sitting in chairs"-tech-team ;P

ok i think thats all i have to say...

keep up the good work!
Lt. Commander
# 72
03-05-2011, 05:05 PM
This was the best series to come out. Great work, but now I'm sad that we don't get closure on the iconians. Great cliffhanger!
Lt. Commander
# 73
03-05-2011, 05:09 PM
I rather enjoyed Sela showing up. Honestly, I was never a big fan of the character and getting to blast her point blank with my phaser lance really made the mission for me.
Lt. Commander
# 74
03-05-2011, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Sol
I rather enjoyed Sela showing up. Honestly, I was never a big fan of the character and getting to blast her point blank with my phaser lance really made the mission for me.
When she showed up it really floored me. "I have to do WHAT?" And that Scimitar she was commanding was very, very tough. I lost a few squadrons of my Scorpions to it.
Lt. Commander
# 75
03-05-2011, 05:19 PM
DStahl and the rest of the Cryptic Team: Epic episode and series guys, really loved it!

My one and only concern during the episode came towards the end actually, when it was decided to bombard the arch-gateway on the surface before you beamed up to deal with Sela. Personally, I felt that the barrage of about 15 photon torpedoes right on my character's head was somewhat excessive and... umm.. well... how is he still alive?

Could have done an awesome slow-mo cutscene there with the cliched explosions in the background and the character running as fast as his or her legs could carry them away. (Just a very silly thought lol)
Lt. Commander
# 76
03-05-2011, 05:39 PM
personally i really didnt like this new mission

given the build up to the iconians returning and they get a 10ish second cutscene is anticlimatic

and the fight with the end boss on the ground, yay reenforcements, deploys thalaron mine , all dead
Lt. Commander
# 77
03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MisterMiracle View Post
See, I don't know where you're getting this assumption that Hakeev was working for/with Sela, Darren.
Hakeev doesn't have to be working for Sela for Sela to be interested in his success (or failure). That's the beauty of this story.

Sela would be just as much damaged by a Reman uprising as the Tal Shiar would (but doesn't necessarily pull their strings at all).

The Remans are the slaves for all of the Romulan Star Empire. If the Reman set aside their own differences and band together, they could easily overthrow the already fragmented, backstabbing Romulans. This reinforces the "set aside our differences and find strength in numbers" philosophy of the TNG-era (which is heavily referenced in this series).
Lt. Commander
# 78
03-05-2011, 05:44 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Samure
personally i really didnt like this new mission

given the build up to the iconians returning and they get a 10ish second cutscene is anticlimatic

and the fight with the end boss on the ground, yay reenforcements, deploys thalaron mine , all dead
I think they are trying to slowly keep the Iconians there, but in the background, until the big reveal!

Level Cap increase is what I'm thinking.
Lt. Commander
# 79
03-05-2011, 05:45 PM
so now i either have to get rid of one of my boff's or purchase another boff spot.....thanks for that
Lt. Commander
# 80
03-05-2011, 05:47 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Karvashio View Post
so now i either have to get rid of one of my boff's or purchase another boff spot.....thanks for that
or have them sit in your sidebar queue by saying not right now, right?