Lt. Commander
From the Wikipedia entry on "Star Trek weapons":

The TR-116 Projectile Rifle is a prototype weapon developed by the Federation for situations where conventional energy weapons might be rendered useless by dampening fields or other countermeasures. It is essentially a conventional rifle, but with a rather futuristic visual style. It is introduced in the Star Trek: Deep Space Nine episode "Field of Fire", where it is used in conjunction with a micro-transporter and a visual scanner headpiece to create a very potent sniper rifle. With the scanner, the shooter can precisely target people hundreds of meters away and through solid matter with no difficulty. Using the transporter attached to the barrel, the slug can then be transported at full velocity, materializing at point-blank range. It can be theorized that the weapon was designed with some thought put into combat with Borg drones, whose adaptive ablative shielding renders particle weapons useless after a few shots, due to the Borg absorbing the energy into their shields, something that they cannot do with projectile weapons.

Oh plz oh plz oh plz!!
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 01:32 PM
It's already in the game. Comes with the Target version. It does go through shields to some degree, although melee damage works a lot better.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 06:24 PM
Can you still even get this weapon? Haven't seen a quest that even gives that anymore.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 06:55 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rathgardxx
Can you still even get this weapon? Haven't seen a quest that even gives that anymore.
This item was never associated with a mission. It was a Pre-Order 'Perk' for buying the special Retail Package form a Target brick & mortar store...

The Dev's have stated that this will eventually show up in the C-Store, but is held up because of licensing agreement issues...
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 07:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
This item was never associated with a mission. It was a Pre-Order 'Perk' for buying the special Retail Package form a Target brick & mortar store...

The Dev's have stated that this will eventually show up in the C-Store, but is held up because of licensing agreement issues...
It's not so much a "preorder" as a "Target Exclusive", and the reason it's held up is because Target is still actively selling those copies. I bought one only a month or two ago.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-05-2011, 10:21 PM
Is that it? Unimpressive stats for such an awesome weapon from canon. Well, I didn't get my preorder from Target. Oh well. Thanks all.
Lt. Commander
# 7 You can still get it
03-06-2011, 01:04 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ubernaut
Is that it? Unimpressive stats for such an awesome weapon from canon. Well, I didn't get my preorder from Target. Oh well. Thanks all.
My local Target had STO on clearance for $5 (deluxe edition was $15 I think), i picked it up and added it to my exsisting account.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2011, 01:50 PM
The STO copies at a Target near me are $9.99 USD , They had 8 copies when I bought mine last month
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2011, 03:47 PM
Its worse than crappy stats.
The STO TR-116 does not even REMOTELY resemble the canon TR-116, in any way.
Its just a plain crappy phaser rifle with some fancy hologram thing on it.