Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2011, 02:34 PM
when on a team of 2 or 3 calling in reinforcements doesnt work. your stuck doing mission with just the members of team.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2011, 02:42 PM
THE Only problem I had with the mission was more of a realism issue. At the end when you are nuking the Iconian gate. Youre standing OUTSIDE when the torpedos hit the gate. Three of them no less. lol As I understand it photon torps are basically nukes on steroids.... my captain wouldnt be alive to see the results if shes standing outside when they hit.

Please fix this so that she runs back inside please.

Also please make it so that the tractor beam mines cant be sold to the replicator.

Thanks. 10 tribbles in rating for this series!
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2011, 02:42 PM
Gah! missed opportunity here

I just played through again, and Obisek sets up an interference field. For cheese and pure lulz it would have ben great if he'd used an interferometric pulse
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Great episode. Perfect length.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2011, 02:43 PM
Wow, all I can say is what a great way to end the series. I loved every bit of the last episode, even if I did get lost in the city once or twice. Great work and I'm definitely looking forward to the continuation of this story line.

Oops I almost forgot, I'm almost afraid to use my Reman Sci Officer since it's such a unique item.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2011, 02:44 PM
It would have been better if they phasered the iconian gate, to be more realistic. And the fighter that was flying around shooting you on the rooftop shouldnt use photons either. One hit by one of those and you and everything around you would be destroyed according to canon.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2011, 02:47 PM
Phasered would have been better. The nuking made me go lolwut?
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2011, 02:48 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
THE Only problem I had with the mission was more of a realism issue. At the end when you are nuking the Iconian gate. Youre standing OUTSIDE when the torpedos hit the gate. Three of them no less. lol As I understand it photon torps are basically nukes on steroids.... my captain wouldnt be alive to see the results if shes standing outside when they hit.

Also please make it so that the tractor beam mines cant be sold to the replicator.

I'm still reeling from this episode. I didn't think it was possible to top last week, but somehow you did it.

I'm in agreement with the above. You should beam out before the torps come down.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2011, 02:49 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling

The setup for bombing the Iconian gate was almost literally done at the last minute. It was one of the last pieces of the mission architecture. There was a brief discussion of putting in a "reach minimum safe distance" objective but there simply was no time. I might go back and do that later if I have a free day.

EDIT: Also, I iterated on a version where you beamed out at the beginning of the cutscene and then the torpedoes came down. Unfortunately it was badly broken because if you were on a team, it would then wait for the team confirmation box, which you could cancel, which would leave you on the map in a bad state.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2011, 02:52 PM
I think perhaps one torp would do just as good as three... perhaps remove two of them and then put in the minimum safe distance? Or just have us run back inside the building?

Oh and thanks for responding! I totally wasnt expecting a response. lol