Lt. Commander
# 11
03-05-2011, 06:01 PM
The connection would be that you don't always get what you want with Cryptic.

I do think that something as OLD as a pre-order issue should have been settled A LONG
time ago, in a galaxy far far...hold on...wrong universe.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-05-2011, 06:02 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS64 View Post
The connection would be that you don't always get what you want with Cryptic.

I do think that something as OLD as a pre-order issue should have been settled A LONG
time ago, in a galaxy far far...hold on...wrong universe.
OK, but your situation is easier to resolve.

I agree it should have been handled long ago but it wasn't.

Overall, A very simple compensation program would be good for Cryptic.

Right now there are a group of gamers who won't buy from the C-Store, won't advertise the game to others, and won't pay more for content when it comes out. Thus Cryptic makes nothing from them.

Giving them Compensation can't hurt Cryptic.
Right now, they aren't be making money off of that group anyway (and in fact not getting revenue they could be getting)
Once they give a compensation (which is in fictional money that costs them nothing)
either
A) The people will spend their points and nothing more
or
B) They will spend the points and buy more

And even the A group will still provide more revenue by being happy with the game and more responsive to spending money on it in the future and advertising it.

The only drawback is some of that population won't spend more or advertise (but they wouldn't be making money off of them anyway, so they remain in equilibirum)

It can only help the game not hurt it.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
IPre-Orderers got jack.

I especially feel for the CO LTSers, bought it just for the uniform, they couldn't use it cuz it was broken till it showed up on the Store for $3 after they spent $299 to get it. They, I think, should get something even if the rest of us don't.
Don't feel sorry for me, I am a CO lifer and though the mirror unifrom was a nice touch I can assure you that I did not put out 300 dollars just to get alittle trinket in any game.

I paid for a lifetime subscription to CO and my uniform was a bonus.

I don't need anyting extra I have received what I paid for with the Lifetime sub.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-05-2011, 06:19 PM
Because I don't know the exact numbers of people we're talking about here that feel they need compensation,
I'd only be guessing when I say that it might not be worth the effort for them to undertake the kind of program
you're suggesting.

If it's for 5, 10, 20, 50...not worth it. HELL, it might not be worth it for 100.

More than 1000 affected people, YES, by all means, give them people some FREE schwag-store
stuff.

But that's just me, a faithful STO LIFER talking.

Didn't ST-TOS get a third season due to a write-in campaign?

Perhaps enough of those people wanting compensation contact DStahl via his twitter account and
perhaps, just perhaps there might be some light shed on their situation. Be that a positive or negative outcome for them, but since you feel it's a situation that STILL hasn't been rectified run with that ball until you score a touchdown.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-05-2011, 06:29 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
Don't feel sorry for me, I am a CO lifer and though the mirror unifrom was a nice touch I can assure you that I did not put out 300 dollars just to get alittle trinket in any game.

I paid for a lifetime subscription to CO and my uniform was a bonus.

I don't need anyting extra I have received what I paid for with the Lifetime sub.
I'm talking about the people that did. It just sucks that it was broken until it was on the C-Store.

Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS64 View Post
Because I don't know the exact numbers of people we're talking about here that feel they need compensation,
I'd only be guessing when I say that it might not be worth the effort for them to undertake the kind of program
you're suggesting.

If it's for 5, 10, 20, 50...not worth it. HELL, it might not be worth it for 100.

More than 1000 affected people, YES, by all means, give them people some FREE schwag-store
stuff.

But that's just me, a faithful STO LIFER talking.

Didn't ST-TOS get a third season due to a write-in campaign?

Perhaps enough of those people wanting compensation contact DStahl via his twitter account and
perhaps, just perhaps there might be some light shed on their situation. Be that a positive or negative outcome for them, but since you feel it's a situation that STILL hasn't been rectified run with that ball until you score a touchdown.
1) So its only worth if it'll make em around $10000 or more immediately? Oh, it only make em a couple thousand, not worth it? If it's 100 people, and only 1/4 of them recommend and get 1 person to join the game, thats already and extra $375 a month. To say that none of that is worth it is short sighted.

2) Many of them have just given up and don't feel like mentioning it due to how everybody else attacks them.
Just go back to last spring forums, its a lot of people.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-05-2011, 07:06 PM
Now wasn't this covered in the very long thread that you created last July??? ( Which was already old back then...) http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...light=preorder

Now whats the point on bringing up such an old & dead topic????
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-05-2011, 07:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
Now wasn't this covered in the very long thread that you created last July??? ( Which was already old back then...) http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...light=preorder

Now whats the point on bringing up such an old & dead topic????
What is old changes based on perspective.

I wanted to hear what some peoples opinions were and now that someone else is in charge, different results are possible. If it were dead, this thread wouldn't exist.

Plus, I never go any response from the important people.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-05-2011, 07:16 PM
And then I can quote the 'Terms of Use' statement, which states that Users really don't have any ownership claims to the Pre-Order Perks... (so how can you claim compensation for something you don't own???)
Quote:
10. Ownership/Selling of the Account or Virtual Items. Cryptic does not recognize the transfer of Accounts. You may not purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, or offer to purchase, sell, gift or trade any Account, and any such attempt shall be null and void. Cryptic owns, has licensed, or otherwise has rights to all of the content that appears in the Game. You agree that you have no right or title in or to any such content, including the virtual goods or currency appearing or originating in the Game, Atari Tokens or any other attributes associated with the Account or stored on the Service ("Game Assets"). Cryptic does not recognize any Game Assets transfers executed outside of the Game or the purported sale, gift or trade in the "real world" of anything related to the Game. Accordingly, you may not sell Game Assets for "real" money or otherwise exchange items for value outside of the Game. Any such sale or exchange is a material breach of this Agreement for which Cryptic may (but is not obligated to) immediately suspend or terminate your account.

* YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT YOU HAVE NO CLAIM, RIGHT, TITLE, PROPRIETARY OR OWNERSHIP INTEREST IN ANY OF THE GAME ASSETS REGARDLESS OF ANY CONSIDERATION OFFERED OR PAID IN EXCHANGE FOR THOSE GAME ASSETS; AND
* CRYPTIC SHALL NOT BE LIABLE IN ANY MANNER FOR THE DESTRUCTION, DELETION, MODIFICATION, IMPAIRMENT, HACKING OF OR ANY OTHER DAMAGE OR LOSS OF ANY KIND CAUSED TO ANY OF THE GAME ASSETS, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DELETION OF GAME ASSETS UPON THE TERMINATION OR EXPIRATION OF YOUR ACCOUNT.
http://www.startrekonline.com/terms_of_service
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-05-2011, 07:20 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Grouchy.Otaku
And then I can quote the 'Terms of Use' statement, which states that Users really don't have any ownership claims to the Pre-Order Perks... (so how can you claim compensation for something you don't own???)

http://www.startrekonline.com/terms_of_service
Hey, just because something follows procedure or follows the law makes it right, only legal.

And, its best for the game if they do provide compensation and define EXCLUSIVE for further clarification.

And I must ask you something, is it right to give (a ridiculous amount) of compensation to one group because a single one of their exclusives went to the C-Store, but none for the other group when all of their exclusives have gone to the C-Store????
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-05-2011, 07:23 PM
It's not up to me if it's worth it or not.

Like I said before...PREORDER issue? It's an old issue, and IF Cryptic hasn't
taken care of it by now, chances are the NEW regime thinks it's old too, and
it will stay dead and buried, like all the old accounts of people that have left STO
long ago.

"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one"