Lt. Commander
# 21
03-05-2011, 08:26 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by JWS64 View Post
It's not up to me if it's worth it or not.
Then why did you just declare in what circumstances it would be worth it or not?

Quote:
Like I said before...PREORDER issue? It's an old issue, and IF Cryptic hasn't
taken care of it by now, chances are the NEW regime thinks it's old too, and
it will stay dead and buried, like all the old accounts of people that have left STO
long ago.
Old is different from each person's perspective.

Perhaps they have never been asked considering most people stopped before they were in charge and now that the game is in a different place they may be thinking more long term.

Quote:
"the needs of the many outweigh the needs of the few, or one"
I'm sorry but how does ignoring this help the needs of the many over the few???

In fact, it increases revenue, thus making the game better and increasing the player base.
Lt. Commander
# 22
03-05-2011, 11:56 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cpt.William2 View Post
I'm talking about the people that did.
I believe there is an old idiom it goes something like this "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I am not calling anyone a fool just quoting an idiom but if one wants to spend $300 dollars on an electronic trinket with no physical value one needs to evaluate one's interpretation of one's understanding of value.
Lt. Commander
# 23
03-06-2011, 01:00 AM
come on, I'll bet dollars to donuts that you aren't even using half of your preorder stuff any more. The exclusivity was that you got it before anyone else, for free. No one told you to go out and buy however many copies of the game as you did. Give it a rest, no one cares!

And yes, I am one of those people that did buy 2 copies for the preorder bonuses do I care that people can now buy this stuff in the Cstore, and have been able too for months now, NO! I got what I paid for.
Lt. Commander
# 24
03-06-2011, 01:43 AM
I don't see how anyone with a pre-order got ripped off or is owed anything. Anyone who buys it from the C-C-Store had to pay for it. That is a cost that the pre-order people didn't pay. Your copy of the game wasn't more expensive because you pre-ordered. In fact, you got something for free, something that everyone else has to pay extra to get.

Even if you DID pay extra to get those items, you are still no worse off than anyone else who buys them, unless you paid MORE to get them than a C-Store user would.

You got the item early, for free. I could understand being disappointed by it being available to others, but I don't understand the idea of compensation for something you didn't have to pay for.
Lt. Commander
# 25
03-06-2011, 03:38 AM
no, of course not.
Lt. Commander
# 26
03-06-2011, 03:38 AM
I thought this was a long dead/ necro topic, I asked Zinc as did several other people while the game was in development to include the Galaxy X, so their was some documented requests to make it a non exclusive way before it was ever considered for the referral program.
Lt. Commander
# 27
03-06-2011, 05:01 AM
Wow, some kind of ancient necro...

I have 4 or so preorders on my account and i couldn't care less about a "compensation".
I had fun with "my" items and i certainly don't loathe Players who stocked up on preorder items when they became available in the C-store.

And now please let this long dead horse rest, it smells horribly.
Lt. Commander
# 28
03-06-2011, 06:22 AM
I have 3 Preorders and I'm still enjoying using some of them. I also pay a monthly sub due to not having enough for a Lifetime sub. I have no complaints about new playerss getting the items I have thru the c-store. Good for them if they want the items.
Lt. Commander
# 29
03-06-2011, 07:23 AM
CaptWill2,

I said it's not up to me in the end if it's worth it BECAUSE in the end I'm not the person
that's going to make a decision on how this issue, a DEAD issue, is even handled, OR it
remains buried where it is now, DEAD in the ground. The ground that you're running it
into but continue to keep digging up.

NOW, is there something about this, the above string of words that make a sentence,
that you will fail to comprehend?

I DON'T WORK FOR CRYPTIC, OK. I DON'T MAKE THEIR BUSINESS DECISIONS.

I quoted the needs of the many because it sounds cool, and I knew it would yank your
chain. I was correct.
Lt. Commander
# 30
03-06-2011, 09:02 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Doogie
I believe there is an old idiom it goes something like this "A fool and his money are soon parted."

I am not calling anyone a fool just quoting an idiom but if one wants to spend $300 dollars on an electronic trinket with no physical value one needs to evaluate one's interpretation of one's understanding of value.
I'm talking about the people who for them it was a major contributing factor.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ACES_HIGH View Post
come on, I'll bet dollars to donuts that you aren't even using half of your preorder stuff any more. The exclusivity was that you got it before anyone else, for free. No one told you to go out and buy however many copies of the game as you did. Give it a rest, no one cares!

And yes, I am one of those people that did buy 2 copies for the preorder bonuses do I care that people can now buy this stuff in the Cstore, and have been able too for months now, NO! I got what I paid for.
1) You'd be wrong because I use it every day

2) If no one care, why are you here getting upset?

Quote:
Originally Posted by staalker View Post
I don't see how anyone with a pre-order got ripped off or is owed anything. Anyone who buys it from the C-C-Store had to pay for it. That is a cost that the pre-order people didn't pay. Your copy of the game wasn't more expensive because you pre-ordered. In fact, you got something for free, something that everyone else has to pay extra to get.

Even if you DID pay extra to get those items, you are still no worse off than anyone else who buys them, unless you paid MORE to get them than a C-Store user would.

You got the item early, for free. I could understand being disappointed by it being available to others, but I don't understand the idea of compensation for something you didn't have to pay for.
Considering I paid more than just a few bucks for em, yes they were not "free".

Quote:
Originally Posted by picardalpha2clearance View Post
I thought this was a long dead/ necro topic, I asked Zinc as did several other people while the game was in development to include the Galaxy X, so their was some documented requests to make it a non exclusive way before it was ever considered for the referral program.
What does that have to do with anything? So you asked him for it, I'll bet you go back far enough, you can find people asking for almost every pre-order thing to be non exclusive.

I just can't comprehend why some of you people are against this. It can only help the game, increase revenue, and get more players, so why is it so horrible???? I'd figure you'd want to do whatever will help the game...