Lt. Commander
# 1 Can I call 'em?
03-05-2011, 08:18 PM
When I first saw the cloaking tractor mines used by the AI, I said in TTS, "I bet these will be the reward at the end of this feature series."

Boy, can I call 'em or what?

The second thing I said right after that, is that "Polarize Hull will be the new must-have power in PvP, until these get nerfed, or tractor beam overall gets nerfed."

Let's see how accurate that prediction turns out to be.

LOL, I love it. I'm right most of the time, and people still doubt me.

:p
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-05-2011, 08:29 PM
This post has been edited to remove content which violates the Cryptic Studios Forum Usage Guidelines GMMeeko
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-05-2011, 10:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
Congratulations! You accurately predicted that the end of the world would be today. What are you going to do now that... *DEAD* x_x

It's too bad that communication is so terrible between the Devs and the PVP community. Otherwise we might have been able to avoid to avoid this train wreck. At least we try to be heard.

t(o_ot)
I hear you bud. I would say I will see in a PvP match but my ship is still stuck in an Arena being gang ***** by 100 TBM
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-05-2011, 10:56 PM
Yeah, I'm probably going to abandon PvP completely at this point.

More tractor beams = more pain.

Oh, and from the wayback machine (please don't bump, it is very old): THIS POST.

Be certain to read the replies.

ROFLMAO
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-05-2011, 11:57 PM
Yup, i'd have to say you called it correctly.
Although, you weren't the only one
I was talking with a fleetie about the same thing the first time we saw the CTM's,When we did the weekly that first had them
at first we were all ZOMG I gotta have some,, & after talking about it a bit we were like, nah, really bad idea.
I believe our conversation went something like,
"those things would make grinding a cakewalk"
"Yeah, they'd be a hoot in PVP also"
"I don't know about that"
"Why not"
Could you imagine facing TSI using those things"
"yeah, bad idea"
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2011, 03:28 AM
I got an infraction for agreeing with you. It seems agreeing is the new trolling, lol.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2011, 04:21 AM
You be trollin'!
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2011, 04:59 AM
I have to say Iīm not a hardcore PvPīer but I do it regularely for them emblems and in Kerīrat and I enjoy doing so. That said I canīt believe how short sighted Cryptic has been for giving those mines to the players.
While fun to use in PvE itīs a slap in the face of the PvP community. Even more spam. Are you serious?
Bad decision Cryptic. Bad decision.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2011, 05:18 AM
Quote:
I got an infraction for agreeing with you. It seems agreeing is the new trolling, lol.
Yeah, seriously, what was that about? Maybe I really need to read the guidelines again and more closely to find where you violated them.

I guess this post could be construed as a violation of the rules, as I kinda discuss moderation. Let me be assured, I do not want to discuss moderation, just my need to inform myself better about the rules.

I think this is the important rule
Quote:

19. Cryptic Studios has the final say on all aspects of these Forums. If you have a problem, you may make a complaint to Cryptic Studios directly and not publicly on the website. Creating threads or posts that question or reference administrative decisions or potential administrative decisions, such as post removals and thread closures, is not permitted. If you feel that we have made a mistake, please privately contact a Cryptic Studios and we will review the situation.
I suppose we should consider this and need extra-forum/website methods of communication in some situations to organize our thoughts on a particular matter.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-06-2011, 10:02 AM
Okay, so, we who enjoy PvP, either casually or seriously, need to put our heads together.

We need to help Cryptic figure out where in the scope of STO PvP fits, and how to speed and assist in testing changes which can seriously impact PvP.

I know that realistically, PvP is probably fourth on the priority list, behind PvE Story Missions, PvE Group Content Grind (aka, STFs), and PvE Exploration (which is in bad shape). Still, it needs some consideration, and it would be best if seriously disrupting changes and additions like this one get some feedback before they can be unleashed.

Cryptic will have to do its part towards this goal as well, with better organization of testing and communication with the community. Cryptic communicates a lot with the community, at least when compared to other MMOG developers. However, it does not really do so in an orderly fashion, particularly towards the end of hammering out bugs and balance disruptions.

We have the quantity of communication and feedback, now we need quality of the same.