Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-07-2011, 04:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MustrumRidcully View Post
The PvP Queue breakdown was worse. But this is probably the second-worst thing.
Agreed. Particularly since then we quite literally could not play PVP at all for around 3 weeks. At least the second time didn't take quite that long to address... This situation is at least still playable to an extent. It is the straw that broke the camels back added to an already exsisting problem that has been spiraling out of control for months.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-07-2011, 05:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mavairo

Do they have two separate teams? one that makes pve rewards and one that makes pvp rewards?
lol one team should slap the other this morning.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-07-2011, 05:58 AM
lol, I don't know I kind of like them, on a side note might cause some klinks to start using some of the none cloaking ships. Seems to really give BOPs real issues, actually had a premade group that lost, they mainly just stopped trying to cloak.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-07-2011, 06:34 AM
lol, As I said last week when I learned the TB mines were a reward, the threads would start up in the pvp forums over thier use in matches as soon as the last weekly in the series went live.
I like them and can't argue thier use as an effective weapon in pvp, but the do not help the spam issue at all.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-07-2011, 06:43 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
lol, As I said last week when I learned the TB mines were a reward, the threads would start up in the pvp forums over thier use in matches as soon as the last weekly in the series went live.
I like them and can't argue thier use as an effective weapon in pvp, but the do not help the spam issue at all.
Agreed, its spam but people were already doing that, now they have a different type, maybe a little more at the moment due to the new, but that should wear off.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-07-2011, 06:46 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracosblood View Post
Agreed, its spam but people were already doing that, now they have a different type, maybe a little more at the moment due to the new, but that should wear off.
I also find it funny that "spam" ( a RL product known to be full of fat and good for clogging arteries) is clogging up PvP. Its a pvp heart disease issue.
Bring on the Lipotor!!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-07-2011, 06:49 AM
Quote:
Agreed, its spam but people were already doing that, now they have a different type, maybe a little more at the moment due to the new, but that should wear off.
They didn't just get more opportunities to spam, the spam is now also more powerful then ever before. Free Tractor Beams all around make a lot more impact then if there was a new unique mine launcher (maybe a Plasma Cluster Mine Launcher).

So I do not expect the spam to reduce now, it's more likely it increases, since it is even more effective - and everyone gets the power for the newest mission. It doesn't even recquire a concious decision to get the item specifically, like rethinking your build and deciding that mines might be a good choice.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-07-2011, 06:50 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I also find it funny that "spam" ( a RL product known to be full of fat and good for clogging arteries) is clogging up PvP. Its a pvp heart disease issue.
Bring on the Lipotor!!
That would be a good name for a ship built to fight pvp spam
the USS or IKS Lipotor
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-07-2011, 06:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by amidoinitright View Post
That would be a good name for a ship built to fight pvp spam
the USS or IKS Lipotor
lol- very true.
I wonder if the Pharmies who make it would pay for the advertising?
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-07-2011, 07:09 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dracosblood View Post
Agreed, its spam but people were already doing that, now they have a different type, maybe a little more at the moment due to the new, but that should wear off.
That is what was said about other spam but you are still seeing scorpion fighters, breen transphasic cluster torp and multiple chroniton mine launcher ships with dispersal patterns. This mine is fine by itself is not the problem it is the culmination of all things ridiculous, the straw that broke the camels back.
Closed Thread

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 01:36 PM.