Lt. Commander
The Cloaked Intentions series has to be the best so far. Each episode better than the one before and Cutting the Cord seemed like it was going to be the best.

However, after playing it I canít make my mind up.

I loved the city; the graphics team did a great job. The objectives are well thought out. What spoilt it were the bugs.

The first bug was orbital strike dialog not triggering the first time I played it. Then there was the jumping NPC. Iíve only seen this happen a few times before and it was only one NPC. However, nearly every NPC has jumping like a manic in Cutting the Cord. I was sniping from the upper gantry at some Romulans and in less than a minute one had jumped on there with me. Ok this was annoying but you could live with it, but when Hakeev did it and then died meaning I couldnít complete the objectives this made me mad. Especially when I had to redo the ground part from the start.

Then there was the accolade for shooting down the fighter. How? My sniper rifle made no impact. Iíve even tried other weapons to no avail, and the plasma grenade missed by a mile. My engineer character was able to ground it, but that was due to doing the engineering accolade. So how are you supposed to do it? I thought these can be played by single players and you donít have to be in a team. These accolades are becoming stupid, they mean nothing now. At least before you had to put a lot of work in to get them.

Finally there was the epic space battle. Yes the boss ship was hard but what really annoyed me was the Remans were flooding the map with cloaked tractor beam mines. At one stage I thought I was playing PvP.

Iíve completed Cutting the Cord 4 times, with my main character, but have had to do the ground part 8 times as Hakeev ended up out of reach the 4 other times. Yes I love the episode but I also hate it.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 10:19 AM
I liked it a lot. I have been through it alone and teamed without issue. I would agree the Grounded has me stumped too. Single player has no chance I can see and the team I had did not take it down. Maybe if some LTG's team with a lower rank there may be chance.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2011, 10:21 AM
loved it. there are some minor bugs but heck im used to that now.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2011, 10:25 AM
The best. Invasions are fun.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2011, 10:27 AM
Second best mission in the entire game IMO . Extremely atmospheric and lots of fun, but Coliseum was even better.
Lt. Commander
# 6 loot...
03-06-2011, 10:49 AM
I haven't even played it yet because the loot sucks. cloaked tractor mines (who the hell even uses mines?) or a reman science officer... who would want either of these? about as useful as getting batteries... you complete a major mission you should get a major reward, like the reman ship shield. though I won't be using that either as it would disrupt the bonuses for using all three aegis ship components. they should have done the same thing here, a reman shield, impulse engines, and deflector that all work together with added bonuses like the aegis gear, or the borg components. instead they offer tractor mines... thanks for nothing
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2011, 10:56 AM
I liked it, but I think it could have been better.

For an invasion mission, I think it would have been better to encounter more NPCs going about, smaller groups of two or three running around more often, so it looks like there's more activity. I thought the place seemed a little quiet considering it was under attack.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-06-2011, 11:17 AM
This mission was probably my favorite of all of them. The first time I played through it I didn't have any kind of bugs whatsoever. The second play through I did with some fleet mates is where I saw all the crazy Spider-Man jumping. My opinion of it is probably a bit skewed since my initial experience with it was a great one, but a quick patch should fix most of the bugs with it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-06-2011, 11:20 AM
Definitely not the worst. I think that would fall under the category of the finale for the last weekly series. The Devidian finale wasn't bad, it was just lack luster compared to the previous two missions.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2011, 09:28 AM
I think they should have tested Cutting the Cord a bit more. A 50% chance of being unable to complete the ground sections is a bit high. Even if they couldnít fix the jumping NPC, they at least should have redesigned the area around Hakeev so that he couldnít be unreachable from the player.

The Cloaked Tracker Mines are a joke. They are of no real use in the normal game and in PvP they are just an annoyance. They seemed to have been created just for PvP. They would have been better off with a cloaked mine that did damage, not another toy, which just let the whole Cloaked Intentions series down.