Lt. Commander
# 1 Hakeev
03-07-2011, 01:00 AM
Just a quick question. Upon further examination of his corpse, i realised that he is a Romulan and not a Reman. How come he is so Reman looking?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 01:02 AM
he looks nothing like a reman.

perhaps the bald head made you think that but its obvious he is a romulan from the first time we see him.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
It's the new "JJ Abrams" Romulan look. I cannot post what I think of the "new" Star Trek, I'd have to get really really rude.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
It's the new "JJ Abrams" Romulan look. I cannot post what I think of the "new" Star Trek, I'd have to get really really rude.
JJ look did not have the head ridge. hakeev does.

jj has tattoos and hakev does not - (that stuff on the side of his head appears to be a borg implant, which im kind of annoyed they did not flesh out his back story)
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-07-2011, 01:10 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
JJ look did not have the head ridge. hakeev does.

jj has tattoos and hakev does not - (that stuff on the side of his head appears to be a borg implant, which im kind of annoyed they did not flesh out his back story)
I thought it's a tatoo... then I gain I play on lower details. Also, Hakeev is bald - that is a JJ thing...
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-07-2011, 01:14 AM
Quote:
I thought it's a tatoo... then I gain I play on lower details. Also, Hakeev is bald - that is a JJ thing...
Patrick Stewart is JJ in disguise? Or was he horribly attacked by JJ :p

I'm not sure the baldness wasn't a Reman thing JJ picked up off of and added to the Romulans, then again Nemisis is only slightly less faithful than 2009, so I think we're grasping at straws here.

But, yeah, it is one of the liberated borg head attachments, not a tattoo. There also appears to be a scar underneath it, though don't quote me on that. Finally he does have the Romulan head ridges.

EDIT: It turns out that I don't have a good screenshot of him. Sorry.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-07-2011, 01:16 AM
Quote:
whilst being bald was something that jj used on his romulans, its not a jj thing as such.

being bald is just something that happens to people. *cough picard cough*

also if he was a borg at some point then he would have lost his hair. maybe he can no longer grow hair. maybe he liked the look.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2011, 01:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Patrick Stewart is JJ in disguise? Or was he horribly attacked by JJ :p

I'm not sure the baldness wasn't a Reman thing JJ picked up off of and added to the Romulans, then again Nemisis is only slightly less faithful than 2009, so I think we're grasping at straws here.

But, yeah, it is one of the liberated borg head attachments, not a tattoo. There also appears to be a scar underneath it, though don't quote me on that. Finally he does have the Romulan head ridges.
if you look closely he also seems to have lost an eye.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2011, 01:18 AM
Quote:
Hopefully he had no bald offspring. It would be unfortunate to make the above identification mistake on them. Unfortunate indeed.

---
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2011, 01:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain_Revo
if you look closely he also seems to have lost an eye.
Yeah, I couldn't decide on that one. Though given the location of the implant that would make sense. It's actually possible that he's not a liberated borg, but simply benefited from the Romulan research into borg technology after some kind of injury. Though this is all pure conjecture.