Lt. Commander
# 1 Strategy for fighting Hakeev
03-07-2011, 09:47 AM
To start with, I've only played through Cutting the Cord once and while I did kill Hakeev, it was a particularly difficult fight and ended with the superman jumping and I was not able to complete the mission as one of Hakeev's guards was on top of a building alive and would not come down and could not be shot.

On to my question:
What strategy did you use to kill Hakeev?
Kill his guards first and then focus on him?
How did you get the stupid reinforcements to not stand next to the Thalaron weapon and melee attack it?

One time I died and Hakeev and his guards left the plaza we were in and went to attack the Remans in the alley I used to reach the plaza where more Romulans joined. Is this usual?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-07-2011, 10:17 AM
hello as long as you fight hima with a mele weapon such as a sword he will stay ont he ground or if he does jump up the sword allows you to jump up with him and strike him
use the weapong you get from the previous weeks mission.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 01:28 PM
I must have been lucky. I killed him and he died right in front of me. I clicked on him and moved on.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-08-2011, 02:41 AM
My first encounter had him jumping on the roof and inside the building, but he got out and I didn't ultimately have any issues.

My second encounter with a different character had him jump on a building, and, once dead, out of reach to complete the objective.

So on my third take, I decided to immediately "aggro" him by engaging him in melee, so he had no reason to jump around. That worked. I also tried to trap him in his (?) own Thalorn Mine. Didn't manage to do that quite, but I managed to bring him down when a Thalaron was going up, leading to Obisiek being petrified during the cut scene. (Thankfully, that didn't cause any problems.) It appears I was also in the area of the mine, as my toon was then having the petrified look (but was quite alive and well otherwise).
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-08-2011, 08:55 AM
Tthe first time around he did the jumping issue and was dead on top of the building. We had an eng with us and he dropped a cover shield and jumped on it to jump up and talk to our dead friend. There is a possible path to him from the broken pillars around the side. Maybe drop a cover shield on it to jump across to the ledge he is on. We got to him before we had a chance to fully explore our options/failures.

Every other time I made sure I was between him and the ledge and his inclination was to back away from me (away from the right side ledge). Using this tech he has not made another whitnessed jumping bean immitation in over 10 runs.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-08-2011, 11:34 AM
I just realized I probably never had this issue because my new approach is to set turrets and then melee the enemy to get him with his back facing the turrets. So in my scenario, his back was turned away from the building AND I was using melee.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-08-2011, 02:30 PM
Sounds like I'll be trying melee on Hakeev tonight.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-08-2011, 03:44 PM
The first time i did the mission with my sci, Hakkev ended up on a building. The sacond time i nailed him to the ground with gravimetric shift. Since then i was just lucky that he didnīt feel jumpy again.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-08-2011, 06:51 PM
I have not seen Hakeev's legendary acrobatics yet. I just shoot the guy from range and it seems to work fine. I go after the thalaron weapon first to try and keep the support alive, then focus on him because he heals his guards.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-09-2011, 08:42 AM
Okay, so I played it with two characters last night and was successful both times using melee attacks. My second time around Hakeev did jump from building to building and almost died on top of the archway to the plaza but was pushed my one of my support guys, hit the ground and was stabbed one last time by my sword.

2 characters down, 3 more to go.