Lt. Commander
# 31
03-06-2011, 10:36 AM
Yeah I had so many wounds, I looked like a poster child for Medicare!

What was his one shot kill that did like 10000 points of damage??? Yet my Orbital bombardment maybe scratched his shield a little....
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-06-2011, 11:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Commodore_Rook View Post
Yeah I had so many wounds, I looked like a poster child for Medicare!

What was his one shot kill that did like 10000 points of damage??? Yet my Orbital bombardment maybe scratched his shield a little....
It's a thalaron bomb. It's a weapon they used in Nemesis if you haven't seen it
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-06-2011, 11:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sernon
You can say what you will of Iconians, but they make Romulans very jumpy.

---
Urg. Too punful... I'm going to have to hurt you now.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-06-2011, 11:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HeathenStorm View Post
Citation needed.

Not that I doubt there ARE WoW bugs that have existed since 2004. But in all my years playing that game I never ran across any bugs that were as frustrating as the ones we still see in STO after a year.
I give you the Loot lag Bug - circa launch to 2008 (ie was still around when I quit.)

Loot a MOB - your character gets stuck in loot position and you can't move AT ALL until the loot window appears (would either take 30 seconds to 2 minutes or outright disconnect you at some point in between). Alo, if a hostile MOB wandered by and attacked, you couldn't fight back, BUT the MOB could (and most likely would) kill you causing a Graveyard respawn.
^^^

This one is well known, very common for quite some time (to the point if you were in a group sometimes they'd take turns looting/protecting te looter); and documented, and honestly worse than any bug I've encountered in STO to date since STO closed beta.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-06-2011, 11:10 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Stegi
Sure, and by the end of the day i pay to write bug reports instead of playing the game. No sorry i think i waste my last days before the subscription runs out doing something else. I doubt that at the current state of the game and specially the pvp part of the game that i will renew my subscription. Its more likely that the timing is so right that I just jump from here to the old republic. Sure there is bugs in games ect... but compared cryptic with blizzard for example since lots of people like to compare the game with wow is to compare amateuers with professionals. Every update cryptic makes screws something else up and then it doesn't get fixed for while. So yeah sorry, no bug reports anymore, i know how to spend my time better then that.
Did you play WoW when it first came out, cause I did. Let me tell you that it was buggy as hell, and for quite a few months players were saying that WoW was the worst MMO in the market due to all those crappy bugs. So if you want to compare WoW which has been around for quite some time and actually had one of the worst launches in MMO history, go right ahead. Though, you won't get very far with long time vets, like me, who actually know how bad it was during those dark times.

STO's launch and first year has been mild compared to WoW's launch.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-07-2011, 12:04 AM
A quick fix would be to give us the Hyperjump ability from the Matrix online MMO. That way we could get to him.. But yeah...
Lt. Commander
# 37
03-07-2011, 01:37 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Z3R0B4NG View Post
actually this is a game wide issue, i had Breen jumping on rooftops in the first Deferi mission...

Champions Online code leaking into STO maybe? why the hell would anybody make NPCs so jumpy if it wasn't for a super hero game?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
The NPC jumping probably exists as a quick fix to longstanding pathing issues over uneven terrain.

I'm not saying it's a good thing just that that's the issue it's trying to remedy.
No, it's very recognizable if you've played Champions. The problem is a lot of enemies are either melee only or melee primary, but they need a way to reach ranged heroes who're using travel powers (the flight powers primarily). So all enemies get this hilariously high jump limit.

STO does tone that down a bit, but its still very recognizable as the same jumping style.
Lt. Commander
# 38
03-07-2011, 01:44 AM
I encountered the same issue when I grouped on Saturday to do the mission. We had to beam out and redo the ground part since Hakeev died on a ledge that could not be reached in any way. Frankly I was not bothered that much but this jump issue, like others noted, is a very visually disturbing phenomenon that really breaks immersion and creates very bizzare situations.

The first time I saw myself the "hyper" jump NPCs was DS9 Fleet action, when the cardies are literally bouncing of the walls and fight between the two levels on the promenade.

I would like to see this and the super speed/jump Borg also fixed if possible.
Lt. Commander
# 39
03-07-2011, 04:31 AM
I encountered this too. Beamed up and down and replayed the whole map.

Didn't really want to, but it did get me another accolade!
Lt. Commander
# 40
03-07-2011, 09:19 AM
just use a mele eweapon such as a sword if and if you are close and swing the sword or weapon from the previous weeks mission will allow you to jump up to where he is also if you start fighting him with a sword he will stay on the ground and not jump around.
only if u use a range weapon does he sstart jumping around.