Lt. Commander
# 41
03-07-2011, 09:30 AM
that happened to me the second time i did the mission. I had to beam up and restart the ground mission cause i couldn't get to him up on that roof. Came close, but i was still a good 2.5 meters off. If only i was able to leap off the catwalk, then i could have reached him.
Lt. Commander
# 42
03-07-2011, 09:39 AM
My solution is to get an ability like Lunge, and then try jumping, and hitting the Lunge button at apex height, so that you jump right up, too. Also, you can always have an Eng. Boff spawn a Cover Sheild, and then barrel roll up it like we used to be able to do on ESD.
Lt. Commander
# 43
03-07-2011, 10:25 AM
Might I offer a suggestion to the cryptic team?

Simply make a script that makes it impossible for NPCs to jump that high (something simple, if borg is 10 feet in mid air, then borg stops jumping and sits down) and place barriers around these areas so they can't get there. In the unlikely event they do get there, make all of these surfaces steep inclines so they all fall down towards the player.

See? It's simply.

Man, I should design games, the way people make games these days makes it seem like I'm some kind of prodigy (and I know I'm not).
Lt. Commander
# 44
03-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Darren_Kitlor
Can't believe the devs missed this in play throughs.

Couldn't they disabled these NPCs from being able to jump?
I would be very, very surprised if this was not found in Dev play through testing. This happens so frequently I would go so far as to say it is nearly impossible NOT to have seen it. I imagine the Devs were aware of it, but did not have enough time to correct it.

This is a shame really because the map itself is beautifully done. The only dislikes I had were Hakeev and his superjumping and the invisible walls around the catwalks preventing you from jumping off them. Perhaps those same invisible walls can be put on the ledges where Hakeev is so he is not able to jump up there?

All in all a fun episode, but those few bugs really ruined the experience for me.
Lt. Commander
# 45
03-07-2011, 10:41 AM
The jumping glitch was pretty funny, but then again I didn't run into any issues finishing the mission on 3 play thru's. It is something that needs to get looked at, although I understand why it's like it is (I think). Currently that jump ability allows the NPC's to path to the player wherever they may be.

Set invisible walls, so the NPC's can't jump on to areas where a player can't get to. Remove some invisible walls (like on the cat walks) so we can jump to where ever we have to. And or limit the jump height.

It was a fun mission Cryptic. Liked it much more than coliseum, and was a great epicish finish to the series.
Lt. Commander
# 46
03-07-2011, 09:57 PM
Well, I ran a engineer through tonight and Hakeev ended up on the roof. I found away to get up there, but you'll need a cover shield, or the Calitian high jump. that would probably work too. Use the cargo containers and your CS to get up on the wall, then run back around.

http://img834.imageshack.us/img834/6...1030722230.jpg
http://img171.imageshack.us/img171/8...1030722233.jpg
Lt. Commander
# 47
03-09-2011, 07:41 AM
My computer died. I wanted the Reman officer so played this ep on a 9 yr old computer with the worst graphics. Had to use lowered settings. I could barely get my captain to walk and she walked like the toons on Southpark. Thank goodness there were railings all along or I would have died many times.

After 3 1/2 hours I finished and got my Sci Reman BO and mine tractor beam thing. But was the Reman BO worth it? I thought this ep would never end.