Lt. Commander
# 1 Sooo.... Gre'thor is real?
03-10-2011, 05:02 AM
Hello, in "Cutting the Cord" we could see Gre'thor through the big Iconian gate on the ground. For those who don't know it already, Gre'thor is the Klingon version of hell, where cowards and people who lost their honour go. It could be visited in a Klingon mission by meditating in front of an altar, and later waking up there, it also turned up in an episode of Voyager were B'Elanna Torres visited it twice during near-death experiences. http://memory-alpha.org/wiki/Gre'thor

Now we have proof that it physically exists. Either that or Iconians are able to enter dreams with their portals, which would be new and kind of dangerous....
So what do you think about it? Does it really exist and the Klingons somehow managed to visit it before getting any kind of appropriate technology and now have ancient legends about it, did the Iconians build something that looks like it to dump Klingon prisoners there? I hope we'll find out soon.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-10-2011, 05:09 AM
Yes. Been there.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-10-2011, 05:10 AM
In the Klingon story arc it hints that the Fek'ihri are machinations/apparations created by some unknown power, presumably the Iconians.
It also stands to reason that there also exists a physical though not real Gre'thor.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-10-2011, 05:10 AM
It could always be a shrine to the afterlife?

A bunch of Klingons made a klingon-disney-style shrine?
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-10-2011, 05:13 AM
Ehm, isn't - based on some KDF missions - Grethor simply some other dimension, with Fekhlr being some alien?
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-10-2011, 05:13 AM
i think it was the Hurq. They tried to invade the Klingon Empire years ago and when they failed i think they had a semi backup plan. Grethor is real. It may even be the homeworld of the Hurq. I think they transport the dishonored dead into their realm to punish them the only way they can.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-10-2011, 05:14 AM
At the end of the Fek'Ihri Front storyline, your BO find out that it was an elaborate ruse created by the Hurq.
Assumption: The Iconians made the Hurq create that Fek'Ihri Horde including their realm. It's either advanced holotechnology or particle synthesis. So it could be a physically existing place.

Remember, the Undine re-created San Francisco and are now unknowing pawns of the Iconians. The same could be the case for the Hurq.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-10-2011, 05:18 AM
I'd like it if it was'nt the Iconians in this case. I just want an enemy genuinely angry at the Klingons on a personal level, blinded with rage.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-10-2011, 05:25 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by HerbieZ View Post
I'd like it if it was'nt the Iconians in this case. I just want an enemy genuinely angry at the Klingons on a personal level, blinded with rage.
Same here. I think the Fek'Ihri are the Hurq, or at least serve the Hurq. The Fek'Ihri were also real beings that we fought and killed, not holograms. I assumed that they are from another dimension, some kind of subspace layer like the aliens from "Schisms". My guess is that Gre'thor is that subspace dimension and that the Fek'Ihri somehow sap the neural patterns and energy, the "souls" of the dishonored Klingons. There may be something about an honorable Klingon that keeps the Fek'ihri from taking them.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-10-2011, 05:31 AM
first we are assuming they went to gre'thor and not just some place with a big upside down klingon symbol. at the very end of the mission you go back to borath i believe and there is a large room with the symbol in.

either way i do believe that gre'thor is real to some degree and its something i plan to explore in the foundry as a continuation of the storyline in game. ive already made part 1 and the next few eps should start to reveal a bit more about the whole set up.