Lt. Commander
# 11
03-06-2011, 03:32 PM
I was not reverse-trolling, or trolling. I was pointing out in a round-about way that his post was highly trollish since its just a "cryptic sucks" post.

But whatever... you obviously think I was trolling, so Im not going to argue with you about perceptions.

/quit_thread
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-06-2011, 03:34 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aisling
I was not reverse-trolling, or trolling. I was pointing out in a round-about way that his post was highly trollish since its just a "cryptic sucks" post.

But whatever... you obviously think I was trolling, so Im not going to argue with you about perceptions.

/quit_thread
I never said you were doing that. However, I am making you aware of this statement:

Quote:
Originally Posted by StormShade
In other words, if anyone other than me ever accuses someone of trolling on these forums, please report them.
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...00#post3376800

So by accusing someone else of doing that, you are only setting yourself up to get in trouble.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-06-2011, 03:35 PM
Quote:

/quit_thread
Your not even allowed to call a post or someone troll or trollish.

Someone dig up that quote from Stormie or Wish.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:

/quit_thread
I think in the description of TROLL-ing, it includes pointing it out to another poster, whether indirectly or not.

Though as Troll, I find the whole thing rather insulting.

I forgot to add..

I really liked this episode also...

And I don't think that as a Troll, I'm a slave to the establishment.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-06-2011, 03:38 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mouseno4 View Post
Every episode has been really well done. Until this one. What a disaster.

I really enjoyed every previous installment of cloaked intentions, even replayed a couple.

This one, i quit at half way because the whole mission design is really poor.

So i have to ask, after the really successful previous installments, how could you make such a big mistake with this one?
Navigational trouble, or issues with the environmental look? Maybe a combination? Is this a technical or aesthetic objection, and what could help alleviate this now or in the future?

---
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-06-2011, 03:50 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by The.Grand.Nagus View Post
This. List which SPECIFIC aspects of the mission you did not like, and then we can have a discussion. Until then, your post has no value.
Okay, I can give some specifics as to why I don't like this last episode.

1. Romulans that leap 30 feet to attack me or go to a location where I cant reach them..

2. That Virtual Guide thing has never once worked for me. What the bleep good is it if it doesn't work?

3. This is just personal opinion, but for me I found the ground map too confusing. I kept getting lost. Now if that virtual guide thing actually worked that problem might be alleviated.

As it stands now I'll force myself to run thru this mission for the unique reward but unless things get fixed I won't ever run it again.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-06-2011, 03:59 PM
Ok, Those are programming bugs which can be fixed. For me, a mission will have to have a poorly written story for it to be considered bad. I understand the issues with the bigs but, what did you think of the overall story? I thought the story was well constructed and played out like an actual episode on ST.

Note: I know the confusing map is not a bug but as you have pointed that this may have been because of the guide not working for you I considered it as a cause and affect complaint.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-06-2011, 04:00 PM
I have no complaints about the newest episode. Although the Reman BO should have had better skills.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-06-2011, 04:07 PM
I thought the pacing was a wee bit off, it needed a bit more build up to the final Hakeev fight. I mean he's supposed to be an evil mastermind dude, would it have been that much trouble for him to have a dastardly ambushs/escape plan you have to foil before getting to go toe to toe with him?

Also the invisible walls on all of the walkways were annoying as heck. at least let us jump the last few feet to the ground if we need to get to cover fast!

Of course part of the pacing issue could've been that I was playing a stealth tac officer and stealthed past most of the baddies. I mean it was supposed to be a solo special ops mission, it just didn't end up seeming right when actually played that way.

It was more fun playing with a group, but still a bit on the short side. I know there's a balance between more epic and playable for people who have a tight schedule, but I'd like it if things had a bit more to them - not just filler fights, mind you.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-06-2011, 04:08 PM
The first time through The Romulan boss jumped 30 feet up on an unreachable platform and died there. We were unable to check himm after and had to restart. I liked the mission. Anyone else notice that it seems like a good PvP map? They are adding more soon after all.