Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
Well, the spam is now 2 times as bad as it was a week ago.

Grats guys.

I am done with PvP.. tournaments.. everything until you get your heads out of your butts and make this Star Trek.. Not Spam Trek

Until then.. I am grabbing my emblems and that is it. Consider me base camped from now on.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 04:17 PM
You don't like it to be a challenge in PvP? Being able to target your opponent's ship all the time gets boring after awhile. I find PvP more challenging now that i have to go through fighters and mines while trying to lock on to my opponent's ship.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-06-2011, 04:22 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
You don't like it to be a challenge in PvP? Being able to target your opponent's ship all the time gets boring after awhile. I find PvP more challenging now that i have to go through fighters and mines while trying to lock on to my opponent's ship.
You can't even use your mouse to target people. It is a SEA OF RED. There is just a spam of boxes. And they get launched as fast as you kill them. It is a never ending sea of crap. Multiply it over 10 enemies in the same area, each dropping 5 fighters, 10 mines and then if it is klingons.... add fighters from the carriers....

It is no longer PvP. It is a glorified spam war. PvP is slowly falling apart.. but at a faster and faster pace all the time, because of crap like this.

As I said. Have fun with it. I am going to just grab my 3 emblems and log out. Enjoy it.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-06-2011, 04:23 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mindmage View Post
Honestly, I think you're deranged. The level of spam has reached insanity in its proprtions. While I love a challenge, this borders on insanity and anarchy.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-06-2011, 04:32 PM
More challenging is all good and well, but more targets combined with a clunky targeting system is the same kind of imaginationless, joyless challenge that stupid AI with more HP brings. It's not challenging because it's fun. It's challenging because it's broken and bleh, in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-06-2011, 04:36 PM
They need to limit all players to having 1 spam device.

Carriers being the only exception, meaning their standard fighter compliment does not count toward the total.

If you have fighters, you cannot use mines.
If you have mines, you cannot use fighters.
You cannot equip 2 mine launchers.
If you have the reman fighers in your battery slot, you cannot equip mines.. and vice versa.

If you want them in the game, this is what has to be done to bring these things into normal levels.

As it stands now, you can have 2 mine launchers, 1 chroniton mine torpedo, 5 reman fighters......

Limit this.

In the meantime, this healer is not going to heal jack squat.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-06-2011, 04:41 PM
It gets real bad when you face a team 5 Science Captains and end up with:
  • 5 SNB
  • 5 Sensor Scans
  • 5 Photonic Fleets
  • 2 or 3 Scramble Sensors
  • 2 Tykens
  • 2 Gravity Wells
  • 1 or 2 PSW
  • 1 or 2 CPB
  • 20 scorpion fighters
  • and about 6 mine consoles laying mines (potentially 100 mines out at any time)

So that is a lot of red boxes and health bars to overcome.......then you can lay so many mines from a 5 man team and it would take 3 players with faw 1, before the target change happens, to keep it constantly cleared. Thus you aren't doing damage to your real target having to fire off on all the spam objects in space & pets.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-07-2011, 12:32 AM
Quote:
I like challenges, I don't mind losing.

But... I am playing to have fun. If the type of challenge to face isn't fun, I wouldn't want to do it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
  • 5 SNB
  • 5 Sensor Scans
  • 5 Photonic Fleets
  • 2 Tykens
  • 2 Gravity Wells
  • 1 or 2 PSW
  • 1 or 2 CPB
  • 20 scorpion fighters
  • and about 6 mine consoles laying mines (potentially 100 mines out at any time)
[/color]
Do it.
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-07-2011, 01:10 AM
at risk of repeating myself....

If I wanted to fight stupid NPCs, I'd be in the B'trans. I want to fight other players, that's why I PvP!

we can only hope mines and everything is affected by Scramble after the patch.... Then we'll only have the scramble-madness to worry about.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-07-2011, 01:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
  • 5 SNB
  • 5 Sensor Scans
  • 5 Photonic Fleets
  • 2 Tykens
  • 2 Gravity Wells
  • 1 or 2 PSW
  • 1 or 2 CPB
  • 20 scorpion fighters

So that is a lot of red boxes and health bars to overcome.......then you can lay so many mines from a 5 man team and it would take 3 players with faw 1, before the target change happens, to keep it constantly cleared. Thus you aren't doing damage to your real target having to fire off on all the spam objects in space & pets.
Mmm..

1 Patrol Cruiser
2 Carriers
2 BOP or Raptor

All Sci toons

5x3 : Photonics (15)
2+2 : Fighter bays (40ish)
10x : Tractor mine launchers (100ish)
6 x Orion Fighters (6)
5x5 : Scorpions (25)

180+ objects in the space at any given time, 140ish for Fed team..

Would be interesting to scramble a Nebula in this, only to see him fire off his grid

/serverState Die