Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2011, 01:56 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jaruslothran View Post
They need to limit all players to having 1 spam device.

Carriers being the only exception, meaning their standard fighter compliment does not count toward the total.

If you have fighters, you cannot use mines.
If you have mines, you cannot use fighters.
You cannot equip 2 mine launchers.
If you have the reman fighers in your battery slot, you cannot equip mines.. and vice versa.

If you want them in the game, this is what has to be done to bring these things into normal levels.

As it stands now, you can have 2 mine launchers, 1 chroniton mine torpedo, 5 reman fighters......

Limit this.

In the meantime, this healer is not going to heal jack squat.
Mm..

How about a new slot for the ships.. It should be the only place minelaunchers and fighters can be placed (and Varanus/Patrol pets should be converted so they are a removable part)
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2011, 02:15 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by MelineAaele View Post
/serverState Die

Shouldn't that be: "Server Not Responding Because It Told To Die" ?
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2011, 04:52 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by BigRedJedi
Shouldn't that be: "Server Not Responding Because It Told To Die" ?
No, there the map was told to die. Here we tell the server to die.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2011, 06:39 AM
lol- SpamOnline.
Time to make these items a little less spammy.
See you all in the next thread next month where we can ask again.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2011, 07:20 AM
Quote:
They need to limit all players to having 1 spam device.

Carriers being the only exception, meaning their standard fighter compliment does not count toward the total.

If you have fighters, you cannot use mines.
If you have mines, you cannot use fighters.
You cannot equip 2 mine launchers.
If you have the reman fighers in your battery slot, you cannot equip mines.. and vice versa.

If you want them in the game, this is what has to be done to bring these things into normal levels.

As it stands now, you can have 2 mine launchers, 1 chroniton mine torpedo, 5 reman fighters......

Limit this.

In the meantime, this healer is not going to heal jack squat.
So... a multi purpose hangar bay / shuttlecraft/fighter launch bay for ships then? Just 1 hangar per ship max (carriers obviously are the exception to the rule)

Instead of having:
1. mines as rear weapons
2. fighters as devices (lol?)

Just have them reclassed as hangar deployables. Also, make them consumables that can only deploy 10 fighters or 20 mines max before running out and having to use more. With carriers I can see them housing multiple wings of fighters, but 10 fighters should be enough to constitute a squadron, and in canon (hehehe) you never see ships having multiple hangars for dozens of shuttlecraft.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2011, 07:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
lol- SpamOnline
Spam Time Online
STO
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2011, 08:09 AM
Quote:
Well, the spam is now 2 times as bad as it was a week ago.

Grats guys.

I am done with PvP.. tournaments.. everything until you get your heads out of your butts and make this Star Trek.. Not Spam Trek

Until then.. I am grabbing my emblems and that is it. Consider me base camped from now on.
Meh, there are faster and more entertaining ways for me to get emblems than to even touch PvP, afk or not.

However, I now respect the position of people who afk in PvP. That much has changed, at least.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-07-2011, 08:17 AM
I don't think Cryptic should nerf mines, or implement a cap on the amount you can use.

I think that Cryptic should have a setting in options concerning target lock - let you change tab targeting to cycle through ships only, or change whether or not mines are selectable by mouse click. Since AOE attacks will hit them anyway, why even bother selecting them?

Mines are easily dealt with with AOE attacks, and I think the problem here is with targeting and interface issues. I like the concept of being able to use tactics and have to change my own tactics to fight an oppenent using a different strategy, in this case mines. Nerfing mines would just remove a tactic from the game and further reduce PVP to beating each other with cudgels (whoever hits whoever harder wins...). Addressing the interface issues with mine spam would reduce frustration and encourage people to develop new tactics rather than rage quit.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-07-2011, 08:34 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kamiyama10
I don't think Cryptic should nerf mines, or implement a cap on the amount you can use.

I think that Cryptic should have a setting in options concerning target lock - let you change tab targeting to cycle through ships only, or change whether or not mines are selectable by mouse click. Since AOE attacks will hit them anyway, why even bother selecting them?

Mines are easily dealt with with AOE attacks, and I think the problem here is with targeting and interface issues. I like the concept of being able to use tactics and have to change my own tactics to fight an oppenent using a different strategy, in this case mines. Nerfing mines would just remove a tactic from the game and further reduce PVP to beating each other with cudgels (whoever hits whoever harder wins...). Addressing the interface issues with mine spam would reduce frustration and encourage people to develop new tactics rather than rage quit.
Do you know how long it would take to beat an engy cruiser with just AoE skills since that is what is needed to clear most spam. I will tell you it might take a while.
Lt. Commander
# 20 I've had enough of this...
03-07-2011, 09:50 AM
I have stopped playing PvP because now this game seems to be a spamfest. It has lost the human element almost entirely and I refuse to play otherwise. I'm going to be coming back to this game in the the next two years because it's already been a year and I feel little progress has been made.

I gave it a chance and have lost faith to continue that chance so I believe it is for the best. Here is a list Cryptic that NEEDS to be corrected. I suggest you pay attention to people that are trying tell you something. See you guys in two years. Good Luck!

- Luke

#1. Mine Spam
#2. Photonic Fleet Spam
#3. Tractor Mine Spam
#4. Scorpion Fighter Spam
#5. Carrier Fighters Spam
#6. Carrier BOP's Spam
#7. SNB Spam
#8. Hull Healing Spam
#9. Scramble Sensors Spam " Science Team still does not clear it "
#10. Shield Healing Spam

Not sure what else spam wise that needs to be corrected but that's what I gather so far.