Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2011, 12:41 AM
If Stahl and the other Dev's have played other MMO's, as they like to proclaim, then why are they so clueless about PvP??
How many of those MMO's failed due to no PvP?
How many of those games had a lack of PvP end content?

With STO, there is air of turning a blind eye and deaf ear to this part of your game.
Ask cryptic threads have largely "ignored" or "selectively passed over" questions about this.

It is so nice to know that multiple threads about featured episodes and "shiny belt buckles" will even get you posting at frackin 12 Am in the morn, but the serious threads and questions get ignored by no response.
IS there any part of the cryptic staff aside from the GM that frequent the PvP forum?
IS there any serious dialogue engaging us as part of the player base?
IS there any social media alerts about pvp?

There should be just as much interaction with the PvP players and ideas as there is with the Role Players and PVE'rs side that has received a lot of attention for over a year. Yes, the game is better than it was at head start. Yes, there are more better ships and better components to the ship since then. Yes, we have more species and clothes to wear for them since launch. While all this is good and great and Cryptic has been lauded for still pales to what has been stagnant, avoided, one half of the End Game of STO and what has been here since Launch.......What we don't have is clearly labeled in all these threads about PvP.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
The part that really annoys me is that they have an incredibly unique PvP experience with STO. Instead of embracing the community and working to develop this aspect of the game that would undoubtedly attract more players it has been largely neglected. It really is a shame and wasted opportunity.
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2011, 01:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
[color="DeepSkyBlue"]2) Do you understand how all this SPAM negatively affects PVP gameplay, as much as it also affects a person who plays this game and doesn't have a high end computer once all this SPAM is littered on the map ?
Even having a high end computer does not help... Don't know if it's a nVidia issue or what it is, but those darn Tractor Mines give me lag where there used to be none...
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2011, 07:00 AM
I now officially endorse PvE specific items.
I hate to say that as it'll drive a wedge into the two aspects of STO and further weaken pvp's fanbase, but come on this is silly.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2011, 07:12 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I hate to say that as it'll drive a wedge into the two aspects of STO and further weaken pvp's fanbase, but come on this is silly.
Why a good PvP build will usually eat up PvE build
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2011, 07:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
I know , but if the TB mines are pve specific we have one less spam in pvp to ruin the game before pvp bleeds even more players and falls farther behind in fixing in luei of "hair tech" and the latest open chested uniform options.
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-07-2011, 07:17 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveHale View Post
On a much more basic level, I'm really unhappy with the communication and response time on all of these issues. Representatives are obviously around here regularly. Just look at the number of closed threads and increase in frequency of infractions being spread around for bogus offenses. Why not use those representatives to help bridge this communication gap? Let us know that we are being heard instead of trying to shut us up.

The truth is that we could have stopped some of this madness if someone had just taken the time to listen.
It seems so basic yet for the life of me I can't figure out why they would purposely do it, I just don't know...

Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
If Stahl and the other Dev's have played other MMO's, as they like to proclaim, then why are they so clueless about PvP??
How many of those MMO's failed due to no PvP?
How many of those games had a lack of PvP end content?

With STO, there is air of turning a blind eye and deaf ear to this part of your game.
Ask cryptic threads have largely "ignored" or "selectively passed over" questions about this.

It is so nice to know that multiple threads about featured episodes and "shiny belt buckles" will even get you posting at frackin 12 Am in the morn, but the serious threads and questions get ignored by no response.
IS there any part of the cryptic staff aside from the GM that frequent the PvP forum?
IS there any serious dialogue engaging us as part of the player base?
IS there any social media alerts about pvp?

There should be just as much interaction with the PvP players and ideas as there is with the Role Players and PVE'rs side that has received a lot of attention for over a year. Yes, the game is better than it was at head start. Yes, there are more better ships and better components to the ship since then. Yes, we have more species and clothes to wear for them since launch. While all this is good and great and Cryptic has been lauded for still pales to what has been stagnant, avoided, one half of the End Game of STO and what has been here since Launch.......What we don't have is clearly labeled in all these threads about PvP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by MajorFury View Post
The part that really annoys me is that they have an incredibly unique PvP experience with STO. Instead of embracing the community and working to develop this aspect of the game that would undoubtedly attract more players it has been largely neglected. It really is a shame and wasted opportunity.
I would wholeheartedly agree, it really is a no brainer. The space combat is quite unique and seems quite wasted if used on PVE alone. One would think the powers that be would jump at the chance to bring new players to the game but instead they seem complacent to just add more bling to the game via c-store than to actually incorporate different gametypes and maps for the other half of most mmo's that being pvp.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
As do I, I for one do not want to take anything away from anyone's gameplay that is PVE but the line must be drawn when this stuff is used in PVP and is scattered during matchplay. One thing would be if you could shoot at your opponent from a farther distance and allow you to manuver thru space avoiding this stuff but the game has a 10 km reach and within any given 10km there is like 100 mines, opponents ships and carrier pets.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Even having a high end computer does not help... Don't know if it's a nVidia issue or what it is, but those darn Tractor Mines give me lag where there used to be none...
And here I thought it was just my pc hyperventilating when i pvped lol

I implore people to keep this thread civilized so that maybe, just maybe we can be heard and be replied to instead of simply closed.
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-07-2011, 07:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
Same here. I doubt it's an nvidia issue though.

I don't think the devs know what pvp is, or how it works. If how badly my fleet whips snix and the other devs is any indication (they are marginally better than pug pvers.... they at least balance their shields)
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-07-2011, 07:26 AM
Quote:
Yo-yo health: You can go from 2% hull to a brand-spanking new 100% and full shields in no time flat
blame hazard emitters for that. everyone can carry a copy, and everyone can pop an aux battery or emergency to aux before popping the skill and it boosts people ubar.

So much so that only two people out of the team need to do it, then by the time your team member needs it again you are fully recharged anyway. In case of emergencies all 5 team members have it.

I say again, shields arent what is wrong with sto, even tho putting more reliance on shield power was a good idea. Instant hull heals is wrong. To get things like engineering teams, you and the other ship should have to lower shields, thereby adding a dangerous dynamic.

Also instead of going to 2-100, if you make that choice and ecide to drop shields for some help, you could die.
But instead now you move off, or you wait for a lull in combat to get that help.
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-07-2011, 07:57 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
i have shown a few times to my friends that i can put the dailies on elite, take my shields off and hull tank them with only dieing but once........and this is with my PvP setup. I mean sometimes i forget that i have left the difficulty set to Elite and only notice that the cruiser doesn't die in 7 seconds, but takes 20-30 seconds to kill. eh, easy....waste of time. Funny how i can say that a noob pug-group is way harder than fighting an Elite AI.

This game needs to be balanced from pvp on down or needs to have a schism where the same power will act one way in both pvp and pve.