Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 21
03-07-2011, 08:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cruis.In View Post
blame hazard emitters for that. everyone can carry a copy, and everyone can pop an aux battery or emergency to aux before popping the skill and it boosts people ubar.

So much so that only two people out of the team need to do it, then by the time your team member needs it again you are fully recharged anyway. In case of emergencies all 5 team members have it.

I say again, shields arent what is wrong with sto, even tho putting more reliance on shield power was a good idea. Instant hull heals is wrong. To get things like engineering teams, you and the other ship should have to lower shields, thereby adding a dangerous dynamic.

Also instead of going to 2-100, if you make that choice and ecide to drop shields for some help, you could die.
But instead now you move off, or you wait for a lull in combat to get that help.
Hazard emitter+borg proc is nice LOL.
Instant Shield/Hull heal is to heal fed escort ships, what have jokedefense. Still the burst dmg tacticals will rip trough fed escorts and they wont have a chance. Shame, that same burst dmg tactical will never hurt a big ship(cruiser,nebula,carrier,neghvar,vorcha) if they have resistances up, and heals ready (and ofc both specced well).
IMO there are too large difference in defense escorts vs cruisers.
Shield resistance stacking is not a problem, if u try to take down an escort. Problem is when you fight a big ship (cruiser,carrier,nebula) or in bop or interpid.. with res stacking.

About pet/mine spam: well they will nerf it, then they will add another type npcs so there will be always spam
About science magic spam: I understand that cpb,psw,snb spam is needed to get trough cruiser defenses, but then again, it hurts escorts like 5 times more, and mostly all going to take down escorts first. And its hard to tell to all cruisers to be ERA like healer.

I can just say that PVP is far better below RA lvl.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 22
03-07-2011, 09:35 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
Are they out of their mines ????

First of all this is not a bash Cryptic post, not in any way or fashion. I as a customer and other fellow fleetmates and fellow pvp'ers just have a few questions we would like answered at the devs earliest convenience.

Here are my questions and I will patiently await your reply:

1) Do any of the Cryptic Devs even bother to PVP in this game at all ?

I am just asking because if you do, have you tried to even play a match with all the SPAM you have added to this game in recent months ? I would like those that have please share their views....

2) Do you understand how all this SPAM negatively affects PVP gameplay, as much as it also affects a person who plays this game and doesn't have a high end computer once all this SPAM is littered on the map ?

3) What have you done for the PVP community since this game came out a year ago considering one faction relies on it for leveling ? (Besides fixing the QUE which of course should have been fixed before release.) Why was the Assault map removed ?

I am sure you are aware that as it stands right now there is not a lot for a player to do end game wise except PVP, and its one of the ways you keep people playing your game after they reach VA 1, for reasons that should need no explaining.

4) I have to ask you Mr Stahl, and I mean this with all sincerity are you trying to run the PVP community away from this game ?

5) I have seen many questions raised about PVP in the "Ask Cryptic" question thread since it was started, I can't say that you have ever answered one of them with any type of committed answer, was that intentional ?

Honestly if you want this game to succeed on PVE alone, please voice that to those of us that cling on to PVP gameplay in this game, if that is the case we can just move on to a different game. I for one, will move on with no bashing or anger if this is truly the case, I would just like some honest answers, is that too much to ask ?

yeah...what Dakma said. Some response and feedback will go a long way to sorting this out
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 23
03-07-2011, 09:51 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
Are they out of their mines ????

First of all this is not a bash Cryptic post, not in any way or fashion. I as a customer and other fellow fleetmates and fellow pvp'ers just have a few questions we would like answered at the devs earliest convenience.

Here are my questions and I will patiently await your reply:

1) Do any of the Cryptic Devs even bother to PVP in this game at all ?

I am just asking because if you do, have you tried to even play a match with all the SPAM you have added to this game in recent months ? I would like those that have please share their views....

2) Do you understand how all this SPAM negatively affects PVP gameplay, as much as it also affects a person who plays this game and doesn't have a high end computer once all this SPAM is littered on the map ?

3) What have you done for the PVP community since this game came out a year ago considering one faction relies on it for leveling ? (Besides fixing the QUE which of course should have been fixed before release.) Why was the Assault map removed ?

I am sure you are aware that as it stands right now there is not a lot for a player to do end game wise except PVP, and its one of the ways you keep people playing your game after they reach VA 1, for reasons that should need no explaining.

4) I have to ask you Mr Stahl, and I mean this with all sincerity are you trying to run the PVP community away from this game ?

5) I have seen many questions raised about PVP in the "Ask Cryptic" question thread since it was started, I can't say that you have ever answered one of them with any type of committed answer, was that intentional ?

Honestly if you want this game to succeed on PVE alone, please voice that to those of us that cling on to PVP gameplay in this game, if that is the case we can just move on to a different game. I for one, will move on with no bashing or anger if this is truly the case, I would just like some honest answers, is that too much to ask ?
What he said. And PVP use to be about damage not spaming this is one of many issues that need to be worked on in this game that really has no end game stuff to do..
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 24
03-07-2011, 10:05 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by ssgtbrunt
What he said. And PVP use to be about damage not spaming this is one of many issues that need to be worked on in this game that really has no end game stuff to do..
Damage and support. And I dont understand what ppl do who reached level cap and not pvping. I see a lot of em around. RP? I didnt seen RP-ing ppl since 2010 april if PvE than what? B'tran? lol. Blowing up enemy npcs is too easy even on Elite.

(BTW Fleet meeting here?)
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 25
03-07-2011, 04:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
Why a good PvP build will usually eat up PvE build
Quote:
Originally Posted by sithterror View Post
i have shown a few times to my friends that i can put the dailies on elite, take my shields off and hull tank them with only dieing but once........and this is with my PvP setup. I mean sometimes i forget that i have left the difficulty set to Elite and only notice that the cruiser doesn't die in 7 seconds, but takes 20-30 seconds to kill. eh, easy....waste of time. Funny how i can say that a noob pug-group is way harder than fighting an Elite AI.

This game needs to be balanced from pvp on down or needs to have a schism where the same power will act one way in both pvp and pve.
All day, every day. PvE is too easy. I fully endorse balancing the game from a PvP perspective as that is the game at its hardest. Anything that is satisfactory for PvP will be more than enough for any PvE content in game with room to spare. With my shields on, pfft I don't even need my skills, they are just there to make things less tedious.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 26
03-07-2011, 06:27 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
All day, every day. PvE is too easy. I fully endorse balancing the game from a PvP perspective as that is the game at its hardest. Anything that is satisfactory for PvP will be more than enough for any PvE content in game with room to spare. With my shields on, pfft I don't even need my skills, they are just there to make things less tedious.
You mean you need a ship???

I just need an enviromental suit, and I'll take on that Cube with a hyper-spanner!
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 27
03-11-2011, 08:32 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
I can just say that PVP is far better below RA lvl.
I wholeheartedly agree. I think the reason that it is that way is a combination of the fact the powers have a lesser effect - so heals / shield boosts are more marginal and not 2%-100% in mere seconds. That combined with the fact that you have less slots on your ship for powers, so have to be more selective and can't have a counter for everything. My personal preference is around the commander level, I had a great time working through that level.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 28
03-11-2011, 10:44 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dassem_Ultor
You mean you need a ship???

I just need an enviromental suit, and I'll take on that Cube with a hyper-spanner!
One of those groovy Force-field life support belts from The Animated Series? They rocked.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 29
03-11-2011, 12:52 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by mvs5191 View Post
  • Yo-yo health: You can go from 2% hull to a brand-spanking new 100% and full shields in no time flat
Well but if you weaken the healing we will go back to where we started. Back to where DPS was King and nothing else then RSP will keep you alive for longer then 6sec. I'd say its the same thing with heal and dps at the moment ...meaning you can go both ways within 1sec - from 100%shields+hull to 2%hull and back up to 100% hull + some shields.

You would have to work on both parts again ,damageoutput and healingoutput to make it work and fun.
Lt. Commander
Join Date: Dec 2007
Posts: 120
# 30
03-11-2011, 01:37 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arizhel
Well but if you weaken the healing we will go back to where we started. Back to where DPS was King and nothing else then RSP will keep you alive for longer then 6sec. I'd say its the same thing with heal and dps at the moment ...meaning you can go both ways within 1sec - from 100%shields+hull to 2%hull and back up to 100% hull + some shields.

You would have to work on both parts again ,damageoutput and healingoutput to make it work and fun.
The man/woman speaks the truth. For every skill that allows you to go from 2-100, there are skills on the other side that do the inverse. We have to be careful what we wish for
Reply

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is Off
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -7. The time now is 04:00 AM.