Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
# 31
03-12-2011, 08:04 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dakma View Post
Honestly if you want this game to succeed on PVE alone, please voice that to those of us that cling on to PVP gameplay in this game, if that is the case we can just move on to a different game. I for one, will move on with no bashing or anger if this is truly the case, I would just like some honest answers, is that too much to ask ?
Unfortunately since the decision was made to make Klingons primarily a PvP faction to launch the game when they did, this set the precedence that PvP = Klingons = PvP. Therefore however they treat one group they treat the other. Since they show very little love for either of these group, don't hold you breath waiting on an answer. Don't expect the answer to be anything more than a vague, cryptic response at best. Most definitely don't expect anything to be done for either group anytime soon. Once something is actually done for either group, expect it to be as little as possible.

In other words expect to be constantly disappointed with how PvP is treated by the dev team. This won't ever change until the devs and the majority of the players stop equating PvP with Klingons.
Lt. Commander
# 32
03-13-2011, 06:16 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Artificialx
All day, every day. PvE is too easy. I fully endorse balancing the game from a PvP perspective as that is the game at its hardest. Anything that is satisfactory for PvP will be more than enough for any PvE content in game with room to spare. With my shields on, pfft I don't even need my skills, they are just there to make things less tedious.
That's part of the problem with balancing PvE based on PvP; it turns epic PvE ideas into something subdued that can fit the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" world of PvP. Want to retrofit any ship? Sorry, makes PvP too hard. Want to add new pets to spam. Sorry, makes PvP too hard. The two need to be split from each other ASAP.
Lt. Commander
# 33
03-13-2011, 11:21 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Roach View Post
I know , but if the TB mines are pve specific we have one less spam in pvp to ruin the game before pvp bleeds even more players and falls farther behind in fixing in luei of "hair tech" and the latest open chested uniform options.
But, you know they'll QQ when they get into PvP and find that what they had doesn't work any more.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kyle-Phoenix View Post
Damage and support. And I dont understand what ppl do who reached level cap and not pvping. I see a lot of em around. RP? I didnt seen RP-ing ppl since 2010 april if PvE than what? B'tran? lol. Blowing up enemy npcs is too easy even on Elite.

(BTW Fleet meeting here?)
I think they either roll another toon or go to Rift.

Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
That's part of the problem with balancing PvE based on PvP; it turns epic PvE ideas into something subdued that can fit the "Rock, Paper, Scissors" world of PvP. Want to retrofit any ship? Sorry, makes PvP too hard. Want to add new pets to spam. Sorry, makes PvP too hard. The two need to be split from each other ASAP.
We are not trying for a R/P/S result in PvP. Personally, I want to be able to jump in any ship I feel like, outfit it the way I want, slot the BOs I desire and be effective. Balancing to PvP will fine tune each power/ability to it's appropriate counter and this is the only R/P/S that should exist. This will prevent shield stacking to immunity _AND_ ensure that shields work equitably in PvE. It will avoid the spam-fest and provide for effective use against NPC.

These things can be balanced ... BEFORE entering the game.
Lt. Commander
# 34
03-14-2011, 10:13 AM
[quote]
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranceaddict View Post
But, you know they'll QQ when they get into PvP and find that what they had doesn't work any more.
I have my suspicions that the wine will never cease to flow for one reason or another.
Lt. Commander
# 35
03-14-2011, 11:19 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by infamousX View Post
Well the point remains that absolutely nothing has been done on the space pvp front of this game since the game came out, yet one faction depends on it for leveling and future factions will need this as well as there won't be enough content in game to satisfy the new faction players.

I personally believe they have some very creative minds at Cryptic, why are they being held back from creating some mind blowing pvp game types ? New maps with some type of real objectives.

We all know there is another space oriented mmo on the horizion I need not name it, that is all about ground combat and rail riding for what they call space pvp. So what does Cryptic do, they revamp ground combat (it does need it I will confess) when in my opinion they should be revamping/upgrading space pvp. After all that is their strong point when comparing the 2 games with each other.

Making space pvp better by adding all this spam (from weekly series) is truely a slap in the face of this pvp community in my opinion.
Lt. Commander
# 36
03-14-2011, 04:08 PM
I would for a little time and energy to be put in the PVP world. I love to space PVP and in space PVP we have but 2 games types and just a handful of boards. This gets old quick. Please help us PVPers enjoy the game and have things to look forward to like the PVEers get. One suggestion I have is an open que where Federation and Klingons can join as a team or be randomly mixed.