Lt. Commander
# 11
03-07-2011, 01:06 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
Did not know that, actually. But does it fix the bug where no item is EVER returned?
They ARE returned. You just can't see them from regular mail window, you have to access mail from the ESD console.
Lt. Commander
# 12
03-07-2011, 01:07 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by FarsightFrostwhisper
They ARE returned. You just can't see them from regular mail window, you have to access mail from the ESD console.
No, I've checked at ESD, and no items are attached to them...
Lt. Commander
# 13
03-07-2011, 01:08 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by StarkeRealm View Post
No, I've checked at ESD, and no items are attached to them...
Well that's a bug then indeed. Never happened to me before.
Lt. Commander
# 14
03-07-2011, 01:31 AM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
So...ya...This is a known bug that the exchange continuously sends useless mail notifications about items have expired on the exchange. The mail does not have any items attacked and the exchange continuously spams players with these notifications.

Don't know how you two haven't been noticing any other threads about this...
I have this same problem. I am spammed with about 10 mails that have nothing attached. I may have accidentally deleted them because at some point there was a change to the auction system where only the character that posted the item could claim it from the mail, and otherwise it's blank. But now it's blank for all my characters. I can't get the items back (have no idea even what they were) and I keep getting spammed every few days with 10+ messages. I guess not knowing what the items are, I don't necessarily want to lose them (maybe something good was in there), but if I'm never going to get them back, then I'd rather just be able to permanently delete them and not be spammed.

The exchange system needs to be changed back to how it was before with every character able to claim exchange items in the mail. It also used to say "exchange item expired" or something along those lines, whereas it now says "auction lot expired'.
Lt. Commander
# 15
03-07-2011, 04:33 AM
I think a possible explanation is that they are now Character specific instead of account wide.

I continually have mail that is empty to one character and full to another.

I hate this because for every friggin mail thing, I have to log out and log in and check the mail with every one of my 6 alts.

If they are going to make it character specific

1) Say what character in the mail

AND/OR

2) Have a switch character button.
Lt. Commander
# 16
03-07-2011, 04:34 AM
I haven't had any issues with these sort of messages, but then again, I barely use the exchange - about 3 items a month I stick on, for prices generally at or below the lowest price, purely becuase I need the dosh and they've got da cash. Capiche? Dem Fed's don't gimme enough!

I'll stop. :p
Lt. Commander
# 17
03-08-2011, 11:09 PM
I have about 40 of these in my mailbox from auction lots that have expired over the past 60 day or so. The new format seems to be character specific, so you need to check those messages with every character to make sure they don't have an item attached to them.

Out of curiosity, has anyone checked their Tribble characters? It just occured to me that many (if not all) of these messages might be generated by characters that were copied to Tribble at some point. Since Tribble shares the same mail system with Holodeck, this might explain some of the empty messages I have in my box currently. For example, if you mail something on Tribble, only characters on Tribble will be able to see and collect the attachment. Your characters on Holodeck will also be able to see the mail, but not the attachment (which is done to prevent cross shard loot exploits). This just occurred to me as I was about to sign off for the night, so I'll check it out in game later. If anyone manages to test this before I login again, let me know if this is the cause!
Lt. Commander
# 18
03-09-2011, 12:26 AM
In the olden days, it didn't tell you who what where when how.... It just said, You have an object returned from the exchange. I don't care if I got them back. I apologize to the people that said I was a fraud.
Lt. Commander
# 19
03-09-2011, 01:31 AM
Ooops, spoke too soon,

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59164537@N05/5511821910/

http://www.flickr.com/photos/59164537@N05/5511232185/

Guess the Season 2-3 transition didn't go as I would have hoped. I have not used the exchange since that time.

By the Great Bird, MAKE IT STOP!!!!!!!!!
Lt. Commander
# 20
03-10-2011, 03:08 PM
Well, I finally had a chance to test my theory and observed something interesting. When I logged in my Eng on Holodeck today, I saw that I received a new Auction expired e-mail on login that joined the other 30 or so messages in my mailbox. I went over to the mail console and verified that the email was empty with no attachment, then exited the game. Logged into Tribble and went over to a mail console and all of my auction house emails had mysteriously disappeared. The only mail that was left was a legitimate message I had mailed to my global. Logged out of Tribble and back to Holodeck and all the Auction emails are still gone. This makes me suspect that there is some correlation between Tribble and Holodeck as it relates to these messages.