Lt. Commander
# 1 Cryptic's contempt for my time
03-06-2011, 11:22 PM
Time is a great commodity. Some people use this commodity to spend with families and friends. Others might go to a movie or enjoy a hobby. Many people spend a great deal of time working to earn money. There are people who evenly choose to spend time devaluing the time of others. I choose to spend my time playing video games. There are moments that my time has been devalued by other players. For example, team killers, cheaters, and others who choose to cause havoc for personal gratification. I have never had my time devalued by a developer. Cryptic has the honor of being the first.

Cryptic accomplished this honor by releasing the Reman Bridge Officer and making it easy to obtain. The Reman has an inherited Bridge Officer (BO) skill called Transfer Shield Strength III (TSSIII). Previous to the Reman, TSSIII was only obtainable by spending an abundance of time trying to obtain a BO with the TSSIII skill, or spending credits to purchase one from the exchange. The required credits to purchase a BO with TSSIII is considerable, thus requires a substantial amount of time to accumulate enough credits. I lacked the amount of funds needed to purchase a BO with TSSIII, so I used my time trying to obtain one through leveling numerous characters. Now that TSSIII is easy to earn, Cryptic has devalued the time I spent to the threshold of pointless.

My situation may be unique. Perhaps, previous to the Reman, other players have been able to obtain TSSIII without putting in the necessary time to obtain enough credits or earn TSSIII through leveling. Unfortunately, Cryptic's callousness to my time and effort is not the only casualty. There are players who sell BOs. I can't imagine how sellers must feel now that BOs with TSSIII are so easily obtainable.

I am certain there are plenty of players who don't care that TSSIII can be obtained with little effort. Keep in mind Cryptic has now set a precedent that any BO skill, regardless of the time and effort to obtain, can virtually be given away, and it may only be a matter of time before Cryptic decides to give away something you worked hard to earn.
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-06-2011, 11:56 PM
If that's your gripe, then your priorities in this game are seriously screwed up.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-07-2011, 02:17 AM
Sorry, I meant to put this post in General Community Feedback. For some mature responses please visit
http://forums.startrekonline.com/sho...d.php?t=205856