Go Back   Star Trek Online > Feedback > PvP Gameplay
Login

Lt. Commander
What is up with that? Am I just missing something, or is there really no way to get more than 3 emblems a day from PvP?

Seriously? Would it be so hard to slap a "do three matches get one emblem" mission into the roster? It's at least as much effort to survive three arenas as it is to snooze through yet another chain of those dreadful "Kill Five Bears, Scan Five Bears, Feed Five Bears" missions.

Do they really hate PvP players this much? How do Klingons ever get anything purple?
Lt. Commander
# 2
03-14-2011, 03:25 PM
I would certainly support more emblems from PvP. Even if there's some sort of outcry against being able to get tons of emblems by doing both PvP and PvE dailies, there's only so many hours in the day. And this would give people who prefer PvP a chance to enjoy getting emblems a bit more.
Lt. Commander
# 3
03-14-2011, 03:28 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
What is up with that? Am I just missing something, or is there really no way to get more than 3 emblems a day from PvP?

Seriously? Would it be so hard to slap a "do three matches get one emblem" mission into the roster? It's at least as much effort to survive three arenas as it is to snooze through yet another chain of those dreadful "Kill Five Bears, Scan Five Bears, Feed Five Bears" missions.

Do they really hate PvP players this much? How do Klingons ever get anything purple?

There are the deferi dailies and the neutral zone dailies. The deferi net I think 4, the netral zone net 3 with the optional pickup at another 1 so in reality you could get 10 a day sometimes 11.
Lt. Commander
# 4
03-14-2011, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Felderburg View Post
I would certainly support more emblems from PvP. Even if there's some sort of outcry against being able to get tons of emblems by doing both PvP and PvE dailies, there's only so many hours in the day. And this would give people who prefer PvP a chance to enjoy getting emblems a bit more.
There's certainly no outcry against being able to grind explore missions 24x7 and get 1 emblem for every completed chain from that. I can't believe there would be any complaints from anyone about giving a standard "3 matches / 1 emblem" mission that you can pull at any time with no lockout. Maybe 3 emblems for 5 matches would even be fair; given the amount of time that typically goes into waiting for queues and doing each match.
Lt. Commander
# 5
03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Heezdedjim
There's certainly no outcry against being able to grind explore missions 24x7 and get 1 emblem for every completed chain from that. I can't believe there would be any complaints from anyone about giving a standard "3 matches / 1 emblem" mission that you can pull at any time with no lockout.
If you think us PvPers scream loud wait til the PvEers caught wind of something like that, since they are the very vocal majority you would have better luck giving the feds a klingon ship and vice versa.
Lt. Commander
# 6
03-14-2011, 03:32 PM
The base should be 3 standard, with more for good performance and/or wins. Just my opinion, though.
Lt. Commander
# 7
03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
If you think us PvPers scream loud wait til the PvEers caught wind of something like that, since they are the very vocal majority you would have better luck giving the feds a klingon ship and vice versa.
Why? Who would give a rat's a**? I sure wouldn't, and I care as much about the PvE side of the game as anyone. If it's more or less the same reward for the same amount of /played, then it shouldn't even matter who whines about it. It's just a matter of giving your customers the option to play how they like and earn something back for their time.
Lt. Commander
# 8
03-14-2011, 03:33 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Captain Data
There are the deferi dailies and the neutral zone dailies. The deferi net I think 4, the netral zone net 3 with the optional pickup at another 1 so in reality you could get 10 a day sometimes 11.
The OP is talking about pvp only, and in that respect...yes only 3 a day
Lt. Commander
# 9
03-14-2011, 03:36 PM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Acceleron
The OP is talking about pvp only, and in that respect...yes only 3 a day
That's right; I was saying if you only want to do PvP, it just seems silly that there is no way at all to get more than 3 emblems a day. PvP'ers need purple gear just like everyone else.
Lt. Commander
# 10
03-14-2011, 03:37 PM
More tokens for pvp would mean more AFKers in pvp. after the first 3 Emblems are given,only rewards for winning should even be considered IMHO.